Re: Open Pull Requests

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Open Pull Requests

Robert Oxspring
Thanks all!

I’d really like to get these changes into a released version of the resources plugin so that my team can make use of them… I presume that to do this we’d need to:

1. Release a Maven Shared Utils 3.3.1 (unless some other changes require a bigger release?)
2. Bump Maven Filtering to use the new release
3. Release a Maven Filtering 3.1.2 (unless some other changes require a bigger release?)
4. Bump Maven Resource Plugin to use the new release
5. Release a Maven Resources Plugin 3.1.1 (unless some other changes require a bigger release?)

Is there anything I can do to help encourage or prompt (1) to happen - perhaps I should take a look through https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20MSHARED%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20AND%20component%20%3D%20maven-shared-utils%20ORDER%20BY%20priority%20DESC <https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20=%20MSHARED%20AND%20resolution%20=%20Unresolved%20AND%20component%20=%20maven-shared-utils%20ORDER%20BY%20priority%20DESC> and see if any are easily fixable?

Thanks again!

Rob

> On 26 May 2020, at 11:26, Olivier Lamy <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi
> Thanks a lot.
> I have merged the first one
> 2 others moved as branch pr-{id} to check Jenkins build.
> If no one else merged, I will finish my tomm.
> cheers
> Olivier
>
> On Tue, 26 May 2020 at 08:19, Robert Oxspring <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi folks,
>>
>>
>> I’ve got a few open pull requests (one approved) but without any further
>> action in the last week… is there anything I can do to encourage next steps
>> towards getting the changes merged?
>>
>> https://github.com/apache/maven-shared-utils/pull/31 <
>> https://github.com/apache/maven-shared-utils/pull/31>
>>
>> https://github.com/apache/maven-shared-utils/pull/28 <
>> https://github.com/apache/maven-shared-utils/pull/28>
>>
>> https://github.com/apache/maven-filtering/pull/6 <
>> https://github.com/apache/maven-filtering/pull/6>
>>
>> In terms of getting these into released versions, I presume the correct
>> route forward is to campaign for a release of shared-utils, then bump
>> filtering to use it and campaign for a release of that in turn?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Rob
>
>
>
> --
> Olivier Lamy
> http://twitter.com/olamy | http://linkedin.com/in/olamy

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Open Pull Requests

Olivier Lamy
On Wed, 27 May 2020 at 21:20, Robert Oxspring <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Thanks all!
>
> I’d really like to get these changes into a released version of the
> resources plugin so that my team can make use of them… I presume that to do
> this we’d need to:
>
> 1. Release a Maven Shared Utils 3.3.1 (unless some other changes require a
> bigger release?)
>

will be 3.3.0


> 2. Bump Maven Filtering to use the new release
> 3. Release a Maven Filtering 3.1.2 (unless some other changes require a
> bigger release?)
> 4. Bump Maven Resource Plugin to use the new release
> 5. Release a Maven Resources Plugin 3.1.1 (unless some other changes
> require a bigger release?)
>

I change versions to use SNAPSHOT so we can have easier testing and CI
testing all together.

Before we go to release stuff, will you need more changes maybe for
assembly plugin?
to make this faster and as we already did in past we can release all
together.


>
> Is there anything I can do to help encourage or prompt (1) to happen -
> perhaps I should take a look through
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20MSHARED%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20AND%20component%20%3D%20maven-shared-utils%20ORDER%20BY%20priority%20DESC
> <
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20=%20MSHARED%20AND%20resolution%20=%20Unresolved%20AND%20component%20=%20maven-shared-utils%20ORDER%20BY%20priority%20DESC>
> and see if any are easily fixable?
>
> Thanks again!
>
> Rob
>
> > On 26 May 2020, at 11:26, Olivier Lamy <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi
> > Thanks a lot.
> > I have merged the first one
> > 2 others moved as branch pr-{id} to check Jenkins build.
> > If no one else merged, I will finish my tomm.
> > cheers
> > Olivier
> >
> > On Tue, 26 May 2020 at 08:19, Robert Oxspring <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Hi folks,
> >>
> >>
> >> I’ve got a few open pull requests (one approved) but without any further
> >> action in the last week… is there anything I can do to encourage next
> steps
> >> towards getting the changes merged?
> >>
> >> https://github.com/apache/maven-shared-utils/pull/31 <
> >> https://github.com/apache/maven-shared-utils/pull/31>
> >>
> >> https://github.com/apache/maven-shared-utils/pull/28 <
> >> https://github.com/apache/maven-shared-utils/pull/28>
> >>
> >> https://github.com/apache/maven-filtering/pull/6 <
> >> https://github.com/apache/maven-filtering/pull/6>
> >>
> >> In terms of getting these into released versions, I presume the correct
> >> route forward is to campaign for a release of shared-utils, then bump
> >> filtering to use it and campaign for a release of that in turn?
> >>
> >> Thanks!
> >>
> >> Rob
> >
> >
> >
> > --
> > Olivier Lamy
> > http://twitter.com/olamy | http://linkedin.com/in/olamy
>
>

--
Olivier Lamy
http://twitter.com/olamy | http://linkedin.com/in/olamy
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Open Pull Requests

Robert Oxspring

>> Before we go to release stuff, will you need more changes maybe for
>> assembly plugin?
>> to make this faster and as we already did in past we can release all
>> together.
>>
>
> Great - good to know the process!
>
> I’d briefly forgotten this all started with the assembly plugin so will bump to SNAPSHOT dependencies locally and confirm whether further changes are necessary.
>

I’ve had a quick test with SNAPSHOT versions of everything and all works as expected. I don’t think there are any further changes I need.

Thanks,

Rob

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Open Pull Requests

Tobias
Hi,

I'm looking forward to the improvements introduced by Rob as well and
therefore would like to kindly ask if there is a timeframe in which one
which can expect the releases to happen or if there is anything
additional needed to proceed?

Best regards and thank you all for developing Maven!
Tobias

Am 02.06.2020 um 00:31 schrieb Robert Oxspring:

>
>>> Before we go to release stuff, will you need more changes maybe for
>>> assembly plugin?
>>> to make this faster and as we already did in past we can release all
>>> together.
>>>
>>
>> Great - good to know the process!
>>
>> I’d briefly forgotten this all started with the assembly plugin so will bump to SNAPSHOT dependencies locally and confirm whether further changes are necessary.
>>
>
> I’ve had a quick test with SNAPSHOT versions of everything and all works as expected. I don’t think there are any further changes I need.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rob
>
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]