Re: Name Question / Trade Marks Maven

stephenconnolly
On Tue 3 Apr 2018 at 07:49, [hidden email] <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Sorry for this. I forked this plugin when I was a in rush and needed a
> quick fix while this plugin seemed stalled and failed to realize I was
> messing up.
>
> How can we sort this out? I have no problem renaming,

Rename please

but what about the artifacts that have already been published? Is it
> possible to unpublish from maven central?

Not possible. But keep in mind that what is important is for us to maintain
our trademark, we must enforce the mark.

In order to make life easier for everyone, we have defined some rules for
“approved” usage of the mark. As long as we enforce those rules and can
show enforcement, all is good.

So you made bad usage in the past, we were made aware of your bad usage and
you correct after we “enforce”... that is us protecting our mark, so we get
to keep it.

We cannot fix the past, only the future.

If so, I would need some time to advertise the change to our users.

Give us a plan for migration so we can show enforcement...

> Regards,
>
> Stéphane Landelle from Gatling
>
> On 2018/04/02 16:51:32, Michael Osipov <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Am 2018-04-02 um 18:43 schrieb Karl Heinz Marbaise:
> > > Hi, by coincidence I stumbled over the following:
> > >

> http://search.maven.org/remotecontent?filepath=io/gatling/maven-shade-plugin/3.1.0.1/maven-shade-plugin-3.1.0.1.pom
> > >

> http://search.maven.org/remotecontent?filepath=org/immutables/tools/maven-shade-plugin/4/maven-shade-plugin-4.pom
> > >

> > > which is an exact copy of maven-shade-plugin but it contains the same
> > > name and mentioned as "Apache Maven Shade Plugin" (also artifactId:
> > > maven-shade-plugiN) ...which if I correctly understand is not correct
> > > cause this name is covered by Trademarks If I'm correctly remember...?
> > >
> > > WDYT ?
> >
> > There are more plugins doing this, but this seems to be a special case.
> > Using our parent *and* our plugin name.
> >
> > See also:
> >
> http://search.maven.org/#search%7Cga%7C1%7Ca%3Amaven-*-plugin%20AND%20NOT%20g%3Aorg.apache.maven.plugins
> >
> > g: io.gatling
> >
> > If the name wouldn't collide at least. I'd request them to rename the
> > repackaged plugin.
> >
> > Michael

Sent from my phone