Re: Name Question / Trade Marks Maven

michaelo
Am 2018-04-02 um 18:43 schrieb Karl Heinz Marbaise:

> Hi, by coincidence I stumbled over the following:
>
> http://search.maven.org/remotecontent?filepath=io/gatling/maven-shade-plugin/3.1.0.1/maven-shade-plugin-3.1.0.1.pom
>

> http://search.maven.org/remotecontent?filepath=org/immutables/tools/maven-shade-plugin/4/maven-shade-plugin-4.pom
>

> which is an exact copy of maven-shade-plugin but it contains the same
> name and mentioned as "Apache Maven Shade Plugin" (also artifactId:
> maven-shade-plugiN) ...which if I correctly understand is not correct
> cause this name is covered by Trademarks If I'm correctly remember...?
>
> WDYT ?

There are more plugins doing this, but this seems to be a special case.
Using our parent *and* our plugin name.

See also:
http://search.maven.org/#search%7Cga%7C1%7Ca%3Amaven-*-plugin%20AND%20NOT%20g%3Aorg.apache.maven.plugins

g: io.gatling

If the name wouldn't collide at least. I'd request them to rename the
repackaged plugin.

Michael