Re: Modernizing plugin dependencies

Sylwester Lachiewicz
Right I saw this problems, maven testing plugin next version 3.3.0 (
released 2014) requires Maven core 3.2.5 - so it will not be useful for
long time ..

Sylwester

śr., 13 maj 2020, 14:52 użytkownik Karl Heinz Marbaise <[hidden email]>
napisał:

> Hi,
>
> On 13.05.20 01:59, Benson Margulies wrote:
> > What's current best practice for updating the versions of the test
> harness
> > and other bits and bobs?
> >

> the problem with Test harness is that it brings more recent versions of
> maven-core with it which is from my point of view a no go for test
> harness more recent versions ...That's the reason why it is currently
> kept at version 2.1...
>
> Kind regards
> Karl Heinz Marbaise

Re: Modernizing plugin dependencies

Benson Margulies
2.1 has a terrible bug; it does not compensate for long-ago changes in
which ArtifactItem.getClassifier() returns null instead of "".

I think then perhaps branching it and making a 2.1.1 is called for.

On Wed, May 13, 2020 at 5:52 AM Karl Heinz Marbaise <[hidden email]>

> On 13.05.20 01:59, Benson Margulies wrote:
> > What's current best practice for updating the versions of the test
> harness
> > and other bits and bobs?
> >

> the problem with Test harness is that it brings more recent versions of
> maven-core with it which is from my point of view a no go for test
> harness more recent versions ...That's the reason why it is currently
> kept at version 2.1...
>
> Kind regards
> Karl Heinz Marbaise

Re: Modernizing plugin dependencies

Benson Margulies
Would it make sense to branch from 2.1 and do a controlled update? What
version of maven core are we willing to require?