Re: Modernizing plugin dependencies

On 13.05.20 01:59, Benson Margulies wrote:
> What's current best practice for updating the versions of the test harness
> and other bits and bobs?

the problem with Test harness is that it brings more recent versions of
maven-core with it which is from my point of view a no go for test
harness more recent versions ...That's the reason why it is currently
kept at version 2.1...

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise

Re: Modernizing plugin dependencies

Elliotte Rusty Harold
maven-plugin-testing-harness 2.1 should work for most cases, and many
of our plugins are not that far up to date yet.

But yes, we do have a major issue with failing to update deep
dependencies like plexus, aether, sisu, maven core, and the testing
harness across all the repos.

On Wed, May 13, 2020 at 10:52 AM Sylwester Lachiewicz
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Right I saw this problems, maven testing plugin next version 3.3.0 (
> released 2014) requires Maven core 3.2.5 - so it will not be useful for
> long time ..
>
> Sylwester
>
> śr., 13 maj 2020, 14:52 użytkownik Karl Heinz Marbaise <[hidden email]>
> napisał:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > On 13.05.20 01:59, Benson Margulies wrote:
> > > What's current best practice for updating the versions of the test
> > harness
> > > and other bits and bobs?
> > >

> > the problem with Test harness is that it brings more recent versions of
> > maven-core with it which is from my point of view a no go for test
> > harness more recent versions ...That's the reason why it is currently
> > kept at version 2.1...
> >
> > Kind regards
> > Karl Heinz Marbaise

Elliotte Rusty Harold