Re: Maven site edit next steps

Plamen Totev-2
Hi,

On Fri, Jan 5, 2018 at 9:33 AM, Hervé BOUTEMY <[hidden email]> wrote:

> - notice for parent poms: with Subversion, we had a cool feature which was the
> pom.xml diff from version to version published in the documentation page [1].
> Does somebody have an idea on how we could do something equivalent with git?

Here are example links for Git Web (the software used by gitbox.apache.org):

* To view maven-acr-plugin project's pom.xml file at specific tag
(maven-acr-plugin-1.1) -
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=maven-acr-plugin.git;a=blob;f=pom.xml;hb=maven-acr-plugin-1.1
* To view the difference for pom.xml file between maven-acr-plugin-1.1
and maven-acr-plugin-1.0 -
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=maven-acr-plugin.git;a=blobdiff;f=pom.xml;hb=maven-acr-plugin-1.1;hpb=maven-acr-plugin-1.0

For GitHub the links are:

* https://github.com/apache/maven-acr-plugin/blob/maven-acr-plugin-1.1/pom.xml
* https://github.com/apache/maven-acr-plugin/compare/maven-acr-plugin-1.0...maven-acr-plugin-1.1
- but this shows all changes. I'm not sure how to limit it to specific
file.

Regards,
Plamen Totev

Re: Maven site edit next steps

Hervé BOUTEMY
yes, the tag for apache-5 is bizarre
I chose not to do much investigation and let it as is

I'll just drop history documentation for these very old versions: honestly,
nobody cares

Thanks for your in depth tests and report