Re: Maven resolver branch consolidation

stephenconnolly
On Thu 23 Nov 2017 at 04:20, Manfred Moser <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Status update and questions:
>
> - demos are all now in master and part of the multi module build
> - no changes on the ant tasks for now
>
> Questions:
>
> 1. Can I delete the demos branch now or do we wait until next release? I
> would prefer to delete the branch and close the ticket to be honest.
>
> 2. I like the idea of promoting the ant task from being hidden in the
> branch into their own repo. All we would have to do is to copy the existing
> repo somehow into a new repo in apache git. Then we can dDelete all the
> branches apart from the ant-task branch and make that the master. Done. I
> am happy to do that in terms of the branches and so on but how do I go
> about getting the repo copied into a new repo named
> maven-resolver-ant-tasks?

I like that solution too

Sent from my phone

Re: Maven resolver branch consolidation

stephenconnolly
Hervé might know... could be self-service on gitbox!

I have two repos to create after the Jenkins Server is upgraded on Sunday,
so let me know the process

On Thu 23 Nov 2017 at 16:13, Manfred Moser <[hidden email]> wrote:

> So how do I make this repo copy happen? An infra ticket or something like
> that?
>
> Stephen Connolly wrote on 2017-11-22 23:53:
>
> > On Thu 23 Nov 2017 at 04:20, Manfred Moser <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Status update and questions:
> >>
> >> - demos are all now in master and part of the multi module build
> >> - no changes on the ant tasks for now
> >>
> >> Questions:
> >>
> >> 1. Can I delete the demos branch now or do we wait until next release? I
> >> would prefer to delete the branch and close the ticket to be honest.
> >>
> >> 2. I like the idea of promoting the ant task from being hidden in the
> >> branch into their own repo. All we would have to do is to copy the
> existing
> >> repo somehow into a new repo in apache git. Then we can dDelete all the
> >> branches apart from the ant-task branch and make that the master. Done.
> >> am happy to do that in terms of the branches and so on but how do I go
> >> about getting the repo copied into a new repo named
> >> maven-resolver-ant-tasks?
> >

> > I like that solution too
> >

> >> Thanks
> >>
> >> Manfred

> >> --
> > Sent from my phone

Sent from my phone

Re: Maven resolver branch consolidation

please look at what I did in Doxia or skins: I chose to point to gitbox for
connection and developerConnection and github for url
that's only a convention in our pom.xml: but gitbox and github work