Re: Maven enforcer 3.0.0. release (1.9 compatibility)

Re: Maven enforcer 3.0.0. release (1.9 compatibility)

rfscholte
On Wed, 12 Jul 2017 21:09:53 +0200, Dawid Weiss <[hidden email]>
wrote:

>> It shouldn't be too hard to have all our plugins J9 ready before the GA
>> date.
>
> This is true, but it'd be great to release early, so that others (like
> me), who depend on Maven in their toolchain can also try to adjust
> before the GA. Currently this is a showstopper that prevents me from
> running CI jobs on Java 9 -- I was even keen on patching commons-lang
> (which is the source of most of the problems so far in general) and
> overriding it manually, but it's just so much pain to do in each and
> every project...

Sure I understand. b175 came with an unpleasant surprise. The
maven-javadoc-plugin is in the middle of a
migration to 3.0.0, meaning dropping Maven 2 support.
So the best I can do is to have a look at the open J9 and M3 issues and
decide if I should create an early 3.0.0-M1 version.

thanks,
Robert

> Dawid
>
>> Enforcer should be easy, I'd like to work a bit more on the javadoc
>> plugin
>>
>> Robert
>>

>> On Wed, 12 Jul 2017 09:01:12 +0200, Dawid Weiss <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Oh, yes -- please, please...
>>>
>>> Dawid

Re: Maven enforcer 3.0.0. release (1.9 compatibility)

rfscholte
Vote for maven-javadoc-plugin 3.0.0-M1 has started[1], please verify.

thanks,
Robert

[1] http://markmail.org/message/4nssutboqsahx5kb

On Thu, 13 Jul 2017 11:04:43 +0200, Dawid Weiss <[hidden email]>
wrote:

>> So the best I can do is to have a look at the open J9 and M3 issues and
>> decide if I should create an early 3.0.0-M1 version.
>
> Not trying to put pressure on you (or anybody else), Robert. (Well,
> maybe, but only a mild one. :) Just saying that Maven (and its
> plugins) are an important piece of infrastructure for many people --
> many of whom will eventually try to switch to Java 9 and see the same
> set of problems.
>
> So the earlier there is a set of compatible plugins, the fewer
> questions you'll have to to address on the mailing list... I realize
> Java 9 is a moving target and the pain it entails, but now with the
> latest set of jigsaw changes in it seems fairly close to its final
> shape.
>
> Dawid

Re: Maven enforcer 3.0.0. release (1.9 compatibility)

rfscholte
Hi Stephen,

See the details of MENFORCER-277. Looks like there's some extra work
required first on other libraries.
So we should do the same as for the javadoc plugin: make a milestone
release.

Robert

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MENFORCER-277