Re: Maven enforcer 3.0.0. release (1.9 compatibility)

Re: Maven enforcer 3.0.0. release (1.9 compatibility)

rfscholte
It shouldn't be too hard to have all our plugins J9 ready before the GA
date.
Enforcer should be easy, I'd like to work a bit more on the javadoc plugin

Robert

On Wed, 12 Jul 2017 09:01:12 +0200, Dawid Weiss <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Oh, yes -- please, please...
>
> Dawid
>
> On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 10:57 PM, Peter Ansell <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>> Releasing the javadoc plugin with its Java 9 fixes in parallel would
>> also be great to have both of them ready to go on the GA date.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Peter
>>
>>> On 11 Jul 2017, at 19:07, Dawid Weiss <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello there,
>>>
>>> Is there any schedule to release maven-enforcer with Java 1.9
>>> compatibility fixes?
>>>
>>> Dawid

Re: Maven enforcer 3.0.0. release (1.9 compatibility)

Dawid Weiss
> It shouldn't be too hard to have all our plugins J9 ready before the GA date.

This is true, but it'd be great to release early, so that others (like
me), who depend on Maven in their toolchain can also try to adjust
before the GA. Currently this is a showstopper that prevents me from
running CI jobs on Java 9 -- I was even keen on patching commons-lang
(which is the source of most of the problems so far in general) and
overriding it manually, but it's just so much pain to do in each and
every project...

Dawid