Re: Maven enforcer 3.0.0. release (1.9 compatibility)

Re: Maven enforcer 3.0.0. release (1.9 compatibility)

Peter Ansell
Releasing the javadoc plugin with its Java 9 fixes in parallel would also be great to have both of them ready to go on the GA date.

Cheers,

Peter

> On 11 Jul 2017, at 19:07, Dawid Weiss <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello there,
>
> Is there any schedule to release maven-enforcer with Java 1.9
> compatibility fixes?
>
> Dawid

Re: Maven enforcer 3.0.0. release (1.9 compatibility)

Dawid Weiss
Oh, yes -- please, please...

Dawid

On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 10:57 PM, Peter Ansell <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Releasing the javadoc plugin with its Java 9 fixes in parallel would also be great to have both of them ready to go on the GA date.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Peter
>
>> On 11 Jul 2017, at 19:07, Dawid Weiss <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hello there,
>>
>> Is there any schedule to release maven-enforcer with Java 1.9
>> compatibility fixes?
>>
>> Dawid

Re: Maven enforcer 3.0.0. release (1.9 compatibility)

Dawid Weiss
> So the best I can do is to have a look at the open J9 and M3 issues and
> decide if I should create an early 3.0.0-M1 version.

Not trying to put pressure on you (or anybody else), Robert. (Well,
maybe, but only a mild one. :) Just saying that Maven (and its
plugins) are an important piece of infrastructure for many people --
many of whom will eventually try to switch to Java 9 and see the same
set of problems.

So the earlier there is a set of compatible plugins, the fewer
questions you'll have to to address on the mailing list... I realize
Java 9 is a moving target and the pain it entails, but now with the
latest set of jigsaw changes in it seems fairly close to its final
shape.

Dawid

Re: Maven enforcer 3.0.0. release (1.9 compatibility)

stephenconnolly
So IIRC one of the blockers is moving the code to use the new graph
stuff... some of the rules were failing when I tried to convert to the new
APIs and that blocked my release attempt... I haven't had the time to pick
it up since