Re: Maven Plugin Development and the @Produces

Romain Manni-Bucau
Maven tries to limit that to jsr330 usage hoping it stays portable (
https://maven.apache.org/maven-jsr330.html). Probably just implement the
api and register the class in guice/sisu or plexus (old way). Will avoid
some headaches.

Sisu-guice (the guice impl of maven) should support defining a named
AbstractModule with @Provides but not sure it is a safe usage.

Le lun. 16 juil. 2018 21:19, [hidden email] <[hidden email]> a
écrit :

> I tried the @Provides annotation but it could not get it to supply a
> value. Do you have an example?
>
> On 2018/07/12 06:33:19, Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi Jonathan,
> >
> > you can use Guice in plexus components but not CDI. the cdi-api.jar is a
> > transitive leaked dependency and almost nothing is supported in current
> > maven (there are several threads to drop it). To be concrete, only @Typed
> > is used.
> >
> > Romain Manni-Bucau
> https://github.com/rmannibucau> |
> > <
> >

> > Le jeu. 12 juil. 2018 à 08:12, [hidden email] <[hidden email]> a
> > écrit :
> >
> > > Hey Guys,
> > >
> > > I'm developing my first maven plugin. I was curious, is there any way
> > > use the @javax.enterprise.inject.Produces annotation?
> > >
> > > Here's why I ask. I have my main mojo, but it is composed of several
> > > dependencies that are @Inject'd into the mojo. These submodules
> > > ('components') may have @Parameters. Of course, if you inject
> parameters
> > > into the submodules, when you run the helpmojo it doesn't know about
> those
> > > parameters so they'll be missing from your documentation.
> > >
> > > Hence, I thought if put the Parameters in my mojo, then used @Produces
> > > annotations on some getters, I could inject those elsewhere.
> > >
> > > Is there a better way to do all of this? Thanks!
> > > -Jonathan

Re: Maven Plugin Development and the @Produces

exabrial@gmail.com
Unfortunately, my module is not being called, so I don't think it's supported.

Is there *ANY* way to inject Configuration parameters into sub-modules? ANY possible way?