Re: Maven Core Release 3.6.1

Mark Raynsford-3
On 2018-12-29T21:04:33 +0100
Karl Heinz Marbaise <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi to all,
>
> I want to cut a Core Release within two weeks (about 14.01.2019) if that
> is Ok for everyone? If any objections please raise your hand.

One for Hervé: Where did we leave things with MNG-6059? I ran into that
issue a while back where I was unable to deploy to Central with the new
attributes [0]. I've sort of been operating under the vague hope that
3.6.1 will allow me to both have those attributes inherited across all
my POMs from a single ancestor, and also to deploy those POMs to
Central. I'm fairly sure I tested a post-3.6.0 snapshot to verify that
the attributes were inherited (they weren't in 3.6.0), but my memory is
failing me...

[0] http://blog.io7m.com/2018/11/01/you-cannot-put-that-there.xhtml

--
Mark Raynsford | http://www.io7m.com

Re: Maven Core Release 3.6.1

Hervé BOUTEMY
here is the status on the Maven core side:
- MNG-6059 was implemented, which means the attributes were renamed: see
MNG-6059 issue description [1] to get the new child.(x).
(y).inherit.append.path names ((x) and (y) were missing in 3.6.0, forgotten by
inadvertance...)
- MNG-6505 was implemented = inheritance of these attributes

on checks when publishing to Central, via Apache repository or via OSSHR,
we'll need to check once Maven 3.6.1 is released and work together if you find
an issue

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-6505

Le samedi 29 décembre 2018, 22:03:09 CET Mark Raynsford a écrit :

> On 2018-12-29T21:04:33 +0100
>
> Karl Heinz Marbaise <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi to all,
> >
> > I want to cut a Core Release within two weeks (about 14.01.2019) if that
> > is Ok for everyone? If any objections please raise your hand.
>
> One for Hervé: Where did we leave things with MNG-6059? I ran into that
> issue a while back where I was unable to deploy to Central with the new
> attributes [0]. I've sort of been operating under the vague hope that
> 3.6.1 will allow me to both have those attributes inherited across all
> my POMs from a single ancestor, and also to deploy those POMs to
> Central. I'm fairly sure I tested a post-3.6.0 snapshot to verify that
> the attributes were inherited (they weren't in 3.6.0), but my memory is
> failing me...
>
> [0] http://blog.io7m.com/2018/11/01/you-cannot-put-that-there.xhtml

Re: Maven Core Release 3.6.1

Enrico Olivelli
Il dom 30 dic 2018, 17:15 Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]> ha
scritto:

> Any hope https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-6543 is included?

+1 for including this one

Enrico

> Romain Manni-Bucau
> https://github.com/rmannibucau> |
> <
> >

> Le dim. 30 déc. 2018 à 16:33, Hervé BOUTEMY <[hidden email]> a
> écrit :
>
> > here is the status on the Maven core side:
> > - MNG-6059 was implemented, which means the attributes were renamed: see
> > MNG-6059 issue description [1] to get the new child.(x).
> > (y).inherit.append.path names ((x) and (y) were missing in 3.6.0,
> > forgotten by
> > inadvertance...)
> > - MNG-6505 was implemented = inheritance of these attributes
> >
> > on checks when publishing to Central, via Apache repository or via OSSHR,
> > we'll need to check once Maven 3.6.1 is released and work together if you
> > find
> > an issue
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Hervé
> >
> > [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-6505
> >
> > Le samedi 29 décembre 2018, 22:03:09 CET Mark Raynsford a écrit :

> > that
> > >
> > > One for Hervé: Where did we leave things with MNG-6059? I ran into that
> > > issue a while back where I was unable to deploy to Central with the new
> > > attributes [0]. I've sort of been operating under the vague hope that
> > > 3.6.1 will allow me to both have those attributes inherited across all
> > > my POMs from a single ancestor, and also to deploy those POMs to
> > > Central. I'm fairly sure I tested a post-3.6.0 snapshot to verify that
> > > the attributes were inherited (they weren't in 3.6.0), but my memory is
> > > failing me...
> > >
> > > [0] http://blog.io7m.com/2018/11/01/you-cannot-put-that-there.xhtml

-- Enrico Olivelli