Re: Maven Core Release 3.5.5/3.6.0?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Maven Core Release 3.5.5/3.6.0?

Karl Heinz Marbaise-3
Hi,
On 14/09/18 08:06, Hervé BOUTEMY wrote:
> +1 to merging MNG-5951

If this ready than of course we should get it into master...

> then call it Maven 3.6.0, since this is not a bugfix but a little enhancement
> (long awaited...)

Yeah than it's not a bug fix anymore...

>
> the only issue is that the changelog is really tiny: but do we really need
> huge changelog before doing a non-bugfix release?

No I don't think so...

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise

>
> Regards,
>
> Hervé
>
> Le jeudi 13 septembre 2018, 22:32:08 CEST Mark Raynsford a écrit :
>> On 2018-09-13T22:20:06 +0200
>>
>> Karl Heinz Marbaise <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> based on the issues have been solved..
>>>
>>> from my point of view waiting at the moment for the following issues:
>>>    * MNG-6311
>>>    * MNG-6391
>>>
>>> Afterwards I would like to cut a release of Maven Core...
>>>
>>> This results into the question:
>>>
>>> Should we call it 3.6.0 or 3.5.5..?
>>
>> I'd really like to see MNG-5951 make it into something soon, as I've
>> been bitten by this issue and was publishing bad metadata in OSGi
>> bundles without realizing. From what I understand, it already did make
>> it into 3.4.0, but 3.4.0 ended up not happening. I'm not sure how
>> closely Maven follows semantic versioning, but I assume that would
>> require calling the release 3.6.0?
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]