Re: Maven Core Enhancement

rfscholte
Yeah, I would really like to implement this.
IIRC I did try to make a start, but I didn't solve the issue of the
configuration to support all these features.

I don't think we should go for a temporary included extension, just to
prevent back compatibility issues in later releases.

Let's go for the right implementation, and let's work on it together.
Working with at least should increase the chance of success and helps
staying motivated.

I see that maven master is green, so we should be good to go.

thanks,
Robert

[1] https://builds.apache.org/job/maven-box/job/maven/job/master/

On Sun, 26 Aug 2018 21:21:55 +0200, Karl Heinz Marbaise
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi to all Devs,
>
> currently I'm working on maven-install/maven-deploy plugin which also
> contains the famous installAtEnd/deployAtEnd properties which have
> issues related to the way they are being implemented. They could not
> work in all situations (LifeCycleParticipants will not work).
>
> We have the idea to enhance the life cycle to create other "phases" see
> [1].
>
> If that would be already implemented the install/deploy of artifact at
> the end is no problem but it is not yet implemented.
>
> The idea I have in mind is to deliver a maven extension as part of the
> usual Maven Core which handles the things correctly related to
> installAtEnd/deployAtEnd.
>
> Or maybe make it a separate downloadable artifact which simply needed to
> be put into /ext/lib/ directory...(I would be ready to move the
> extension to the ASF if this is needed).
>
> That would solve many of the issues related to the
> installAtEnd/deployAtEnd story.
>
> During the next releases of Maven Core we could try (I don't know if
> this is possible) to enhance the life cycle based on [1] and keep it
> compatible with the current plugins etc. and if this is done we can
> remove the extension...
>
> What do you think?
>
> Kind regards
> Karl Heinz Marbaise
>
> [1]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-5665
> [2]: https://github.com/khmarbaise/maven-deployer-extension

Re: Maven Core Enhancement

rfscholte
On Sun, 26 Aug 2018 22:24:26 +0200, Karl Heinz Marbaise
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Robert,
>
> On 26/08/18 21:48, Robert Scholte wrote:
>> Yeah, I would really like to implement this.
>> IIRC I did try to make a start, but I didn't solve the issue of the
>> configuration to support all these features.
>
> If you have something it would be good If I can take a look on it...

Looks like I don't have any implementation anymore, I should review all
cwiki/jira content to see if they still match my expectations