Re: Maven Contributors

Karl Heinz Marbaise-3
Hi Robert,

On 29/07/18 19:53, Robert Scholte wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> thanks to JCrete I've been able to spread the word about the
> Maven-situation (#users versus #committers and their time).

Great idea...have you had slides or just spoken about it...? (I assume so?)

> This resulted in a couple of sessions trying to fix several open issues
> for shared-utils + JXR  which should be easy to fix and which should
> make everybody better understand the open source contribution process.

for shared-utils had been several PR's..which are already in
master...than this might be based on your trigger...great...

for JXR there had been also PR's...which are done...great too...

> One of the suggestions they had was a list of (probably) easy-to-fix
> issues,
> either labeled in Jira or some top X on some page.

Or we need to rate
> every (new) issue between easy and hard. This will require some extra
> time to set up, but should pay itself back in the end and might lead to
> new committers.

I think we should make both of them...

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise

Re: Maven Contributors

rfscholte
I've created https://s.apache.org/for-the-grabs_maven

If you think some issue is quite easy to solve, just add the label
for-the-grabs

thanks,
Robert