Re: Maven Assembly Plugin 3.1.0 : Error adding file to archive \target\classes isn't a file.

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Maven Assembly Plugin 3.1.0 : Error adding file to archive \target\classes isn't a file.

Tibor Digana
I am not rewriting the POM Model. I am just a Maven user.
My project has WAR packaging.

On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 7:16 PM, Robert Scholte <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Not sure if this is the answer you are looking for, but it is good to know:
>
> https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-compiler-plugin/xref/
> org/apache/maven/plugin/compiler/CompilerMojo.html#L170
>
> here the outputdirectory is bound to the artifact.
> This is *only* useful when building up the classpath; now you can simply
> say: give me the file for every artifact, outputdirectory and jar are both
> fine.
> I don't like this, but that's how it works right now and rewriting it will
> have a huge impact.
> During jar:jar the jar should be attached to this artifact.
>
> thanks,
> Robert
>
> On Wed, 28 Mar 2018 08:08:48 +0200, Tibor Digana <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> I have checked the configuration of release plugin again and the goals are
>> set correctly, I think:
>>
>> <goals>deploy post-site site:stage site:stage-deploy
>> -Dwagon.webdav.continueOnFailure=true</goals>
>>
>> Why then the code *MavenProject.getArtifact().get**File()*  returns
>> *target/classes* instead of real artifact* target/*.jar*?
>>
>>
>> The execution of assembly plugin is bound to the phase:
>>
>> <phase>pre-integration-test</phase>
>>
>>
>> Cheers
>> Tibor
>>
>>
>>
>> On Tue, Mar 27, 2018 at 8:32 PM, Robert Scholte <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>>
>>> looks to me something during the packaging failed.
>>> As if MavenProject.getArtifact().getFile() still points to the output
>>> directory instead of the jar.
>>>
>>> Robert
>>>
>>>
>>> On Tue, 27 Mar 2018 09:52:03 +0200, Tibor Digana <[hidden email]
>>> >
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> There is a similar issue in our Jira
>>>
>>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MASSEMBLY-411
>>>> Nobody has seen this? Any opinion about this or workaround?
>>>> Everything would help!
>>>>
>>>> On Mon, Mar 26, 2018 at 9:21 PM, Tibor Digana <[hidden email]>
>>>> wrote:
>>>>
>>>> I have a specific problem with Maven Assembly Plugin to run during (mvn
>>>>
>>>>> release:perform).
>>>>> If I run the build (mvn install) the plugin works as expected.
>>>>>
>>>>> I've got this error while cutting release:
>>>>>
>>>>> Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:
>>>>> maven-assembly-plugin:3.1.0:single (web-archive-h2-integration-tests)
>>>>> on
>>>>> project audit-server: Failed to create assembly: Error adding file
>>>>> 'com.scheidtbachmann.shared.audit:audit-domain:jar:without-
>>>>> validation:3.0.0-RC1'
>>>>> to archive: E:\vcs\gitlab\release\release-
>>>>> 3.0.0-RC1\target\checkout\audi
>>>>> t-domain\target\classes
>>>>> isn't a file.
>>>>>
>>>>> Have you seen such error?
>>>>> Do you know any workaround?
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>     [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:
>>>>> maven-assembly-plugin:3.1.0:single (web-archive-h2-integration-tests)
>>>>> on
>>>>> project audit-server: Failed to create assembly: Error adding file
>>>>> 'com.scheidtbachmann.shared.audit:audit-domain:jar:without-
>>>>> validation:3.0.0-RC1'
>>>>> to archive:
>>>>>     org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to
>>>>> execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven
>>>>> -assembly-plugin:3.1.0:single
>>>>> (web-archive-h2-integration-tests) on project audit-server: Failed to
>>>>> create assembly: Error adding file 'com.scheidtbachmann.shared.
>>>>> audit:audit-doma
>>>>>         at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(
>>>>> MojoExecutor.java:213)
>>>>>         at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(
>>>>> MojoExecutor.java:154)
>>>>>         at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(
>>>>> MojoExecutor.java:146)
>>>>>         at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.
>>>>> buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:117)
>>>>>         at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.
>>>>> buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:81)
>>>>>         at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.builder.singlethreaded.
>>>>> SingleThreadedBuilder.build(SingleThreadedBuilder.java:51)
>>>>>         at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.
>>>>> execute(LifecycleStarter.java:128)
>>>>>         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.
>>>>> doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:30
>>>>> 9)
>>>>>         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.
>>>>> doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:19
>>>>> 4)
>>>>>         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.
>>>>> execute(DefaultMaven.java:107)
>>>>>         at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.execute(MavenCli.java:993)
>>>>>         at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.doMain(MavenCli.java:345)
>>>>>         at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:191)
>>>>>         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>>>>>         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(
>>>>> NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
>>>>>         at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(
>>>>> DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
>>>>>         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
>>>>>         at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.
>>>>> launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:289)
>>>>>         at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.
>>>>> launch(Launcher.java:229)
>>>>>         at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.
>>>>> mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:415)
>>>>>         at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.
>>>>> main(Launcher.java:356)
>>>>>     Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: Failed
>>>>> to
>>>>> create assembly: Error adding file 'com.scheidtbachmann.shared.
>>>>> audit:audit-domain:jar:without-validation:3.0.0-RC1' to archive:
>>>>> E:\vcs\gitlab\release\release-3.0.0-RC1\target\checkout\audi
>>>>> t-domain\target\classes
>>>>> isn't a
>>>>>         at org.apache.maven.plugins.assembly.mojos.
>>>>> AbstractAssemblyMojo.execute(AbstractAssemblyMojo.java:532)
>>>>>         at org.apache.maven.plugins.assembly.mojos.
>>>>> SingleAssemblyMojo.execute(SingleAssemblyMojo.java:61)
>>>>>         at org.apache.maven.plugin.Defaul
>>>>> tBuildPluginManager.executeMoj
>>>>> o(
>>>>> DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:134)
>>>>>         at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(
>>>>> MojoExecutor.java:208)
>>>>>         ... 20 more
>>>>>     Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugins.assem
>>>>> bly.archive.ArchiveCreationException:
>>>>> Error adding file 'com.scheidtbachmann.shared.au
>>>>> dit:audit-domain:jar:without-validation:3.0.0-RC1'
>>>>> to archive: E:\vcs\gitlab\release\release-
>>>>> 3.0.0-RC1\target\checkout\audi
>>>>> t-domain\target\classes
>>>>> isn't a file.
>>>>>         at org.apache.maven.plugins.assembly.archive.task.
>>>>> AddArtifactTask.asFile(AddArtifactTask.java:180)
>>>>>         at org.apache.maven.plugins.assembly.archive.task.
>>>>> AddArtifactTask.execute(AddArtifactTask.java:132)
>>>>>         at org.apache.maven.plugins.assembly.archive.task.
>>>>> AddDependencySetsTask.addNormalArtifact(AddDependencySetsTas
>>>>> k.java:263)
>>>>>         at org.apache.maven.plugins.assembly.archive.task.
>>>>> AddDependencySetsTask.addDependencySet(AddDependencySetsTask.java:175)
>>>>>         at org.apache.maven.plugins.assembly.archive.task.
>>>>> AddDependencySetsTask.execute(AddDependencySetsTask.java:120)
>>>>>         at org.apache.maven.plugins.assembly.archive.phase.
>>>>> DependencySetAssemblyPhase.execute(DependencySetAssemblyPhas
>>>>> e.java:104)
>>>>>         at org.apache.maven.plugins.assembly.archive.
>>>>> DefaultAssemblyArchiver.createArchive(DefaultAssemblyArchive
>>>>> r.java:181)
>>>>>         at org.apache.maven.plugins.assembly.mojos.
>>>>> AbstractAssemblyMojo.execute(AbstractAssemblyMojo.java:478)
>>>>>         ... 23 more
>>>>>     Caused by: org.codehaus.plexus.archiver.ArchiverException:
>>>>> E:\vcs\gitlab\release\release-3.0.0-RC1\target\checkout\audi
>>>>> t-domain\target\classes
>>>>> isn't a file.
>>>>>         at org.codehaus.plexus.archiver.AbstractArchiver.addFile(
>>>>> AbstractArchiver.java:442)
>>>>>         at org.codehaus.plexus.archiver.AbstractArchiver.addFile(
>>>>> AbstractArchiver.java:369)
>>>>>         at org.apache.maven.plugins.assembly.archive.archiver.
>>>>> AssemblyProxyArchiver.addFile(AssemblyProxyArchiver.java:425)
>>>>>         at org.apache.maven.plugins.assembly.archive.task.
>>>>> AddArtifactTask.asFile(AddArtifactTask.java:175)
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
>>> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>>>
>>>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Maven Assembly Plugin 3.1.0 : Error adding file to archive \target\classes isn't a file.

Karl Heinz Marbaise-3
Hi Tibor,

On 28/03/18 21:56, Tibor Digana wrote:
> It cannot be dependency issue because as I said before, (mvn install) works
> fine.

Exactly that's the point..that's happing occasiaonally that you do an
mvn install which means modules will be installed into the local
repository and if the build continues to the point where the dependency
is need it will be solved via local repository (and not from the
reactor) and in the end the build is successfully.

The point is that I assume that during the release you don't use -T ...

So during the release the build order is not correct order of modules
and it fails cause at the point of the dependency this dependency is not
built yet...

I'm not 100% sure but I would expect that a dependency is missing in the
for the assembly module....

Can you check your build by cleaning your local cache and simply do a:

mvn clean package

which must be successful. Single thread nothing more ...I assume that
your build will fail...

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise



> Deploy is one phase after. We have site and release extra which breaks the
> build.
>
> On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 8:46 PM, Karl Heinz Marbaise <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On 28/03/18 20:27, Tibor Digana wrote:
>>
>>> yes, audit-domain is jar, but why the assembly works with mvn install, but
>>> why it does not work within release?
>>>
>>
>> This sounds like a dependency issue between the modules.....
>>
>> Kind regards
>> Karl Heinz Marbaise
>>
>>
>> No, I do not use -T, no multithreading.
>>> It's clear to me that it looks like the domain has not been packaged but
>>> this should not happen because audit-server is dependent on audit-domain
>>> transitively.
>>> I can check the build plan.
>>>
>>> On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 8:21 PM, Robert Scholte <[hidden email]>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> based on the name 'audit-domain' I would expect it to be a jar.
>>>> Are you running with multiple threads and could it be that audit-domain
>>>> hasn't been packaged yet when making your war/assembly?
>>>> Looks like a ratrace to me.
>>>>
>>>> Robert
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> On Wed, 28 Mar 2018 20:14:29 +0200, Tibor Digana <[hidden email]
>>>>>
>>>> wrote:
>>>>
>>>> I am not rewriting the POM Model. I am just a Maven user.
>>>>
>>>>> My project has WAR packaging.
>>>>>
>>>>> On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 7:16 PM, Robert Scholte <[hidden email]>
>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>> Not sure if this is the answer you are looking for, but it is good to
>>>>>
>>>>>> know:
>>>>>>
>>>>>> https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-compiler-plugin/xref/
>>>>>> org/apache/maven/plugin/compiler/CompilerMojo.html#L170
>>>>>>
>>>>>> here the outputdirectory is bound to the artifact.
>>>>>> This is *only* useful when building up the classpath; now you can
>>>>>> simply
>>>>>> say: give me the file for every artifact, outputdirectory and jar are
>>>>>> both
>>>>>> fine.
>>>>>> I don't like this, but that's how it works right now and rewriting it
>>>>>> will
>>>>>> have a huge impact.
>>>>>> During jar:jar the jar should be attached to this artifact.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> thanks,
>>>>>> Robert
>>>>>>
>>>>>> On Wed, 28 Mar 2018 08:08:48 +0200, Tibor Digana <
>>>>>> [hidden email]
>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>> I have checked the configuration of release plugin again and the goals
>>>>>> are
>>>>>>
>>>>>> set correctly, I think:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> <goals>deploy post-site site:stage site:stage-deploy
>>>>>>> -Dwagon.webdav.continueOnFailure=true</goals>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Why then the code *MavenProject.getArtifact().get**File()*  returns
>>>>>>> *target/classes* instead of real artifact* target/*.jar*?
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> The execution of assembly plugin is bound to the phase:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> <phase>pre-integration-test</phase>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Cheers
>>>>>>> Tibor
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> On Tue, Mar 27, 2018 at 8:32 PM, Robert Scholte <[hidden email]
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Hi,
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> looks to me something during the packaging failed.
>>>>>>>> As if MavenProject.getArtifact().getFile() still points to the
>>>>>>>> output
>>>>>>>> directory instead of the jar.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Robert
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> On Tue, 27 Mar 2018 09:52:03 +0200, Tibor Digana <
>>>>>>>> [hidden email]
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> There is a similar issue in our Jira
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MASSEMBLY-411
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Nobody has seen this? Any opinion about this or workaround?
>>>>>>>>> Everything would help!
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> On Mon, Mar 26, 2018 at 9:21 PM, Tibor Digana <
>>>>>>>>> [hidden email]
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> I have a specific problem with Maven Assembly Plugin to run during
>>>>>>>>> (mvn
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> release:perform).
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> If I run the build (mvn install) the plugin works as expected.
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> I've got this error while cutting release:
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:
>>>>>>>>>> maven-assembly-plugin:3.1.0:single (web-archive-h2-integration-te
>>>>>>>>>> sts)
>>>>>>>>>> on
>>>>>>>>>> project audit-server: Failed to create assembly: Error adding file
>>>>>>>>>> 'com.scheidtbachmann.shared.audit:audit-domain:jar:without-
>>>>>>>>>> validation:3.0.0-RC1'
>>>>>>>>>> to archive: E:\vcs\gitlab\release\release-
>>>>>>>>>> 3.0.0-RC1\target\checkout\audi
>>>>>>>>>> t-domain\target\classes
>>>>>>>>>> isn't a file.
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> Have you seen such error?
>>>>>>>>>> Do you know any workaround?
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>       [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:
>>>>>>>>>> maven-assembly-plugin:3.1.0:single (web-archive-h2-integration-te
>>>>>>>>>> sts)
>>>>>>>>>> on
>>>>>>>>>> project audit-server: Failed to create assembly: Error adding file
>>>>>>>>>> 'com.scheidtbachmann.shared.audit:audit-domain:jar:without-
>>>>>>>>>> validation:3.0.0-RC1'
>>>>>>>>>> to archive:
>>>>>>>>>>       org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException:
>>>>>>>>>> Failed
>>>>>>>>>> to
>>>>>>>>>> execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven
>>>>>>>>>> -assembly-plugin:3.1.0:single
>>>>>>>>>> (web-archive-h2-integration-tests) on project audit-server: Failed
>>>>>>>>>> to
>>>>>>>>>> create assembly: Error adding file 'com.scheidtbachmann.shared.
>>>>>>>>>> audit:audit-doma
>>>>>>>>>>           at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.int
>>>>>>>>>> ernal.MojoExecutor.execute(
>>>>>>>>>> MojoExecutor.java:213)
>>>>>>>>>>           at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.int
>>>>>>>>>> ernal.MojoExecutor.execute(
>>>>>>>>>> MojoExecutor.java:154)
>>>>>>>>>>           at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.int
>>>>>>>>>> ernal.MojoExecutor.execute(
>>>>>>>>>> MojoExecutor.java:146)
>>>>>>>>>>           at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.int
>>>>>>>>>> ernal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.
>>>>>>>>>> buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:117)
>>>>>>>>>>           at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.int
>>>>>>>>>> ernal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.
>>>>>>>>>> buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:81)
>>>>>>>>>>           at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.int
>>>>>>>>>> ernal.builder.singlethreaded.
>>>>>>>>>> SingleThreadedBuilder.build(SingleThreadedBuilder.java:51)
>>>>>>>>>>           at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.
>>>>>>>>>> execute(LifecycleStarter.java:128)
>>>>>>>>>>           at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.
>>>>>>>>>> doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:30
>>>>>>>>>> 9)
>>>>>>>>>>           at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.
>>>>>>>>>> doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:19
>>>>>>>>>> 4)
>>>>>>>>>>           at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.
>>>>>>>>>> execute(DefaultMaven.java:107)
>>>>>>>>>>           at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.
>>>>>>>>>> execute(MavenCli.java:993)
>>>>>>>>>>           at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.
>>>>>>>>>> doMain(MavenCli.java:345)
>>>>>>>>>>           at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:191)
>>>>>>>>>>           at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
>>>>>>>>>> Method)
>>>>>>>>>>           at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(
>>>>>>>>>> NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
>>>>>>>>>>           at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(
>>>>>>>>>> DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
>>>>>>>>>>           at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
>>>>>>>>>>           at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.
>>>>>>>>>> launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:289)
>>>>>>>>>>           at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.
>>>>>>>>>> launch(Launcher.java:229)
>>>>>>>>>>           at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.
>>>>>>>>>> mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:415)
>>>>>>>>>>           at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.
>>>>>>>>>> main(Launcher.java:356)
>>>>>>>>>>       Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException:
>>>>>>>>>> Failed
>>>>>>>>>> to
>>>>>>>>>> create assembly: Error adding file 'com.scheidtbachmann.shared.
>>>>>>>>>> audit:audit-domain:jar:without-validation:3.0.0-RC1' to archive:
>>>>>>>>>> E:\vcs\gitlab\release\release-3.0.0-RC1\target\checkout\audi
>>>>>>>>>> t-domain\target\classes
>>>>>>>>>> isn't a
>>>>>>>>>>           at org.apache.maven.plugins.assembly.mojos.
>>>>>>>>>> AbstractAssemblyMojo.execute(AbstractAssemblyMojo.java:532)
>>>>>>>>>>           at org.apache.maven.plugins.assembly.mojos.
>>>>>>>>>> SingleAssemblyMojo.execute(SingleAssemblyMojo.java:61)
>>>>>>>>>>           at org.apache.maven.plugin.Defaul
>>>>>>>>>> tBuildPluginManager.executeMoj
>>>>>>>>>> o(
>>>>>>>>>> DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:134)
>>>>>>>>>>           at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.int
>>>>>>>>>> ernal.MojoExecutor.execute(
>>>>>>>>>> MojoExecutor.java:208)
>>>>>>>>>>           ... 20 more
>>>>>>>>>>       Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugins.assem
>>>>>>>>>> bly.archive.ArchiveCreationException:
>>>>>>>>>> Error adding file 'com.scheidtbachmann.shared.au
>>>>>>>>>> dit:audit-domain:jar:without-validation:3.0.0-RC1'
>>>>>>>>>> to archive: E:\vcs\gitlab\release\release-
>>>>>>>>>> 3.0.0-RC1\target\checkout\audi
>>>>>>>>>> t-domain\target\classes
>>>>>>>>>> isn't a file.
>>>>>>>>>>           at org.apache.maven.plugins.assembly.archive.task.
>>>>>>>>>> AddArtifactTask.asFile(AddArtifactTask.java:180)
>>>>>>>>>>           at org.apache.maven.plugins.assembly.archive.task.
>>>>>>>>>> AddArtifactTask.execute(AddArtifactTask.java:132)
>>>>>>>>>>           at org.apache.maven.plugins.assembly.archive.task.
>>>>>>>>>> AddDependencySetsTask.addNormalArtifact(AddDependencySetsTas
>>>>>>>>>> k.java:263)
>>>>>>>>>>           at org.apache.maven.plugins.assembly.archive.task.
>>>>>>>>>> AddDependencySetsTask.addDependencySet(AddDependencySetsTask
>>>>>>>>>> .java:175)
>>>>>>>>>>           at org.apache.maven.plugins.assembly.archive.task.
>>>>>>>>>> AddDependencySetsTask.execute(AddDependencySetsTask.java:120)
>>>>>>>>>>           at org.apache.maven.plugins.assembly.archive.phase.
>>>>>>>>>> DependencySetAssemblyPhase.execute(DependencySetAssemblyPhas
>>>>>>>>>> e.java:104)
>>>>>>>>>>           at org.apache.maven.plugins.assembly.archive.
>>>>>>>>>> DefaultAssemblyArchiver.createArchive(DefaultAssemblyArchive
>>>>>>>>>> r.java:181)
>>>>>>>>>>           at org.apache.maven.plugins.assembly.mojos.
>>>>>>>>>> AbstractAssemblyMojo.execute(AbstractAssemblyMojo.java:478)
>>>>>>>>>>           ... 23 more
>>>>>>>>>>       Caused by: org.codehaus.plexus.archiver.ArchiverException:
>>>>>>>>>> E:\vcs\gitlab\release\release-3.0.0-RC1\target\checkout\audi
>>>>>>>>>> t-domain\target\classes
>>>>>>>>>> isn't a file.
>>>>>>>>>>           at org.codehaus.plexus.archiver.AbstractArchiver.addFile(
>>>>>>>>>> AbstractArchiver.java:442)
>>>>>>>>>>           at org.codehaus.plexus.archiver.AbstractArchiver.addFile(
>>>>>>>>>> AbstractArchiver.java:369)
>>>>>>>>>>           at org.apache.maven.plugins.assembly.archive.archiver.
>>>>>>>>>> AssemblyProxyArchiver.addFile(AssemblyProxyArchiver.java:425)
>>>>>>>>>>           at org.apache.maven.plugins.assembly.archive.task.
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Maven Assembly Plugin 3.1.0 : Error adding file to archive \target\classes isn't a file.

Tibor Digana
In reply to this post by Tibor Digana
Hi Robert,

I have more information now. The build is successful if the dependency in
assembly.xml does not have artifact with classifier.
As soon as the assembly points to project dependency with classifier, this
specific build using javadoc:aggregate fails.
Maybe it would be better to provide tiny project and attach it to Jira.
WDYT?

T

On Wed, Apr 4, 2018 at 6:49 PM, Robert Scholte <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Tibor,
>
> Maven core will never call  MavenProject.getArtifact().setFile(), this is
> a task for a plugin.
> There seems to be Jira issue already for this issue:  MJAVADOC-490[1]
>
> Robert
>
> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MJAVADOC-490
>
>
> On Wed, 04 Apr 2018 16:23:01 +0200, Tibor Digana <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> Hi Robert,
>
> This issue is caused when I use maven-javadoc-plugin:3.0.0 with goal
> "aggregate".
> I could not find such setter [1] but I think this is caused by Maven core
> because this plugin only forks "compile" phase within Parent POM which I
> guess affected the Project Model of particular child.
> Should I create a Jira ticket or you maybe have an idea what could be
> wrong?
>
> [1]: MavenProject.getArtifact().setFile()
>
> Cheers
> Tibor
>
>
> On Tue, Mar 27, 2018 at 8:32 PM, Robert Scholte <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> looks to me something during the packaging failed.
>> As if MavenProject.getArtifact().getFile() still points to the output
>> directory instead of the jar.
>>
>> Robert
>>
>>
>> On Tue, 27 Mar 2018 09:52:03 +0200, Tibor Digana <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> There is a similar issue in our Jira
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MASSEMBLY-411
>>> Nobody has seen this? Any opinion about this or workaround?
>>> Everything would help!
>>>
>>> On Mon, Mar 26, 2018 at 9:21 PM, Tibor Digana <[hidden email]>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I have a specific problem with Maven Assembly Plugin to run during (mvn
>>>> release:perform).
>>>> If I run the build (mvn install) the plugin works as expected.
>>>>
>>>> I've got this error while cutting release:
>>>>
>>>> Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:
>>>> maven-assembly-plugin:3.1.0:single (web-archive-h2-integration-tests)
>>>> on
>>>> project audit-server: Failed to create assembly: Error adding file
>>>> 'com.scheidtbachmann.shared.audit:audit-domain:jar:without-
>>>> validation:3.0.0-RC1'
>>>> to archive: E:\vcs\gitlab\release\release-3.0.0-RC1\target\checkout\
>>>> audit-domain\target\classes
>>>> isn't a file.
>>>>
>>>> Have you seen such error?
>>>> Do you know any workaround?
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>     [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:
>>>> maven-assembly-plugin:3.1.0:single (web-archive-h2-integration-tests)
>>>> on
>>>> project audit-server: Failed to create assembly: Error adding file
>>>> 'com.scheidtbachmann.shared.audit:audit-domain:jar:without-
>>>> validation:3.0.0-RC1'
>>>> to archive:
>>>>     org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to
>>>> execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-assembly-plugin:3.1.0:
>>>> single
>>>> (web-archive-h2-integration-tests) on project audit-server: Failed to
>>>> create assembly: Error adding file 'com.scheidtbachmann.shared.
>>>> audit:audit-doma
>>>>         at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(
>>>> MojoExecutor.java:213)
>>>>         at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(
>>>> MojoExecutor.java:154)
>>>>         at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(
>>>> MojoExecutor.java:146)
>>>>         at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.
>>>> buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:117)
>>>>         at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.
>>>> buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:81)
>>>>         at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.builder.singlethreaded.
>>>> SingleThreadedBuilder.build(SingleThreadedBuilder.java:51)
>>>>         at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.
>>>> execute(LifecycleStarter.java:128)
>>>>         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:
>>>> 309)
>>>>         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:
>>>> 194)
>>>>         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:107)
>>>>         at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.execute(MavenCli.java:993)
>>>>         at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.doMain(MavenCli.java:345)
>>>>         at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:191)
>>>>         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>>>>         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(
>>>> NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
>>>>         at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(
>>>> DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
>>>>         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
>>>>         at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.
>>>> launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:289)
>>>>         at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.
>>>> launch(Launcher.java:229)
>>>>         at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.
>>>> mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:415)
>>>>         at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.
>>>> main(Launcher.java:356)
>>>>     Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: Failed
>>>> to
>>>> create assembly: Error adding file 'com.scheidtbachmann.shared.
>>>> audit:audit-domain:jar:without-validation:3.0.0-RC1' to archive:
>>>> E:\vcs\gitlab\release\release-3.0.0-RC1\target\checkout\
>>>> audit-domain\target\classes
>>>> isn't a
>>>>         at org.apache.maven.plugins.assembly.mojos.
>>>> AbstractAssemblyMojo.execute(AbstractAssemblyMojo.java:532)
>>>>         at org.apache.maven.plugins.assembly.mojos.
>>>> SingleAssemblyMojo.execute(SingleAssemblyMojo.java:61)
>>>>         at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.
>>>> executeMojo(
>>>> DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:134)
>>>>         at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(
>>>> MojoExecutor.java:208)
>>>>         ... 20 more
>>>>     Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugins.assembly.archive.
>>>> ArchiveCreationException:
>>>> Error adding file 'com.scheidtbachmann.shared.au
>>>> dit:audit-domain:jar:without-validation:3.0.0-RC1'
>>>> to archive: E:\vcs\gitlab\release\release-3.0.0-RC1\target\checkout\
>>>> audit-domain\target\classes
>>>> isn't a file.
>>>>         at org.apache.maven.plugins.assembly.archive.task.
>>>> AddArtifactTask.asFile(AddArtifactTask.java:180)
>>>>         at org.apache.maven.plugins.assembly.archive.task.
>>>> AddArtifactTask.execute(AddArtifactTask.java:132)
>>>>         at org.apache.maven.plugins.assembly.archive.task.
>>>> AddDependencySetsTask.addNormalArtifact(AddDependencySetsTask.java:263)
>>>>         at org.apache.maven.plugins.assembly.archive.task.
>>>> AddDependencySetsTask.addDependencySet(AddDependencySetsTask.java:175)
>>>>         at org.apache.maven.plugins.assembly.archive.task.
>>>> AddDependencySetsTask.execute(AddDependencySetsTask.java:120)
>>>>         at org.apache.maven.plugins.assembly.archive.phase.
>>>> DependencySetAssemblyPhase.execute(DependencySetAssemblyPhase.java:104)
>>>>         at org.apache.maven.plugins.assembly.archive.
>>>> DefaultAssemblyArchiver.createArchive(DefaultAssemblyArchiver.java:181)
>>>>         at org.apache.maven.plugins.assembly.mojos.
>>>> AbstractAssemblyMojo.execute(AbstractAssemblyMojo.java:478)
>>>>         ... 23 more
>>>>     Caused by: org.codehaus.plexus.archiver.ArchiverException:
>>>> E:\vcs\gitlab\release\release-3.0.0-RC1\target\checkout\
>>>> audit-domain\target\classes
>>>> isn't a file.
>>>>         at org.codehaus.plexus.archiver.AbstractArchiver.addFile(
>>>> AbstractArchiver.java:442)
>>>>         at org.codehaus.plexus.archiver.AbstractArchiver.addFile(
>>>> AbstractArchiver.java:369)
>>>>         at org.apache.maven.plugins.assembly.archive.archiver.
>>>> AssemblyProxyArchiver.addFile(AssemblyProxyArchiver.java:425)
>>>>         at org.apache.maven.plugins.assembly.archive.task.
>>>> AddArtifactTask.asFile(AddArtifactTask.java:175)
>>>>
>>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
>> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>>
>>
>
>
>
>