Re: Maven Assembly Plugin 3.1.0 : Error adding file to archive \target\classes isn't a file.

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Maven Assembly Plugin 3.1.0 : Error adding file to archive \target\classes isn't a file.

rfscholte
Hi,

looks to me something during the packaging failed.
As if MavenProject.getArtifact().getFile() still points to the output  
directory instead of the jar.

Robert

On Tue, 27 Mar 2018 09:52:03 +0200, Tibor Digana <[hidden email]>  
wrote:

> There is a similar issue in our Jira
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MASSEMBLY-411
> Nobody has seen this? Any opinion about this or workaround?
> Everything would help!
>
> On Mon, Mar 26, 2018 at 9:21 PM, Tibor Digana <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> I have a specific problem with Maven Assembly Plugin to run during (mvn
>> release:perform).
>> If I run the build (mvn install) the plugin works as expected.
>>
>> I've got this error while cutting release:
>>
>> Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:
>> maven-assembly-plugin:3.1.0:single (web-archive-h2-integration-tests) on
>> project audit-server: Failed to create assembly: Error adding file
>> 'com.scheidtbachmann.shared.audit:audit-domain:jar:without-validation:3.0.0-RC1'
>> to archive:  
>> E:\vcs\gitlab\release\release-3.0.0-RC1\target\checkout\audit-domain\target\classes
>> isn't a file.
>>
>> Have you seen such error?
>> Do you know any workaround?
>>
>>
>>     [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:
>> maven-assembly-plugin:3.1.0:single (web-archive-h2-integration-tests) on
>> project audit-server: Failed to create assembly: Error adding file
>> 'com.scheidtbachmann.shared.audit:audit-domain:jar:without-validation:3.0.0-RC1'
>> to archive:
>>     org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to
>> execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-assembly-plugin:3.1.0:single
>> (web-archive-h2-integration-tests) on project audit-server: Failed to
>> create assembly: Error adding file 'com.scheidtbachmann.shared.
>> audit:audit-doma
>>         at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(
>> MojoExecutor.java:213)
>>         at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(
>> MojoExecutor.java:154)
>>         at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(
>> MojoExecutor.java:146)
>>         at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.
>> buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:117)
>>         at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.
>> buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:81)
>>         at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.builder.singlethreaded.
>> SingleThreadedBuilder.build(SingleThreadedBuilder.java:51)
>>         at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.
>> execute(LifecycleStarter.java:128)
>>         at  
>> org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:309)
>>         at  
>> org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:194)
>>         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:107)
>>         at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.execute(MavenCli.java:993)
>>         at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.doMain(MavenCli.java:345)
>>         at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:191)
>>         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>>         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(
>> NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
>>         at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(
>> DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
>>         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
>>         at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.
>> launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:289)
>>         at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.
>> launch(Launcher.java:229)
>>         at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.
>> mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:415)
>>         at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.
>> main(Launcher.java:356)
>>     Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: Failed to
>> create assembly: Error adding file 'com.scheidtbachmann.shared.
>> audit:audit-domain:jar:without-validation:3.0.0-RC1' to archive:
>> E:\vcs\gitlab\release\release-3.0.0-RC1\target\checkout\audit-domain\target\classes
>> isn't a
>>         at org.apache.maven.plugins.assembly.mojos.
>> AbstractAssemblyMojo.execute(AbstractAssemblyMojo.java:532)
>>         at org.apache.maven.plugins.assembly.mojos.
>> SingleAssemblyMojo.execute(SingleAssemblyMojo.java:61)
>>         at  
>> org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo(
>> DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:134)
>>         at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(
>> MojoExecutor.java:208)
>>         ... 20 more
>>     Caused by:  
>> org.apache.maven.plugins.assembly.archive.ArchiveCreationException:
>> Error adding file  
>> 'com.scheidtbachmann.shared.audit:audit-domain:jar:without-validation:3.0.0-RC1'
>> to archive:  
>> E:\vcs\gitlab\release\release-3.0.0-RC1\target\checkout\audit-domain\target\classes
>> isn't a file.
>>         at org.apache.maven.plugins.assembly.archive.task.
>> AddArtifactTask.asFile(AddArtifactTask.java:180)
>>         at org.apache.maven.plugins.assembly.archive.task.
>> AddArtifactTask.execute(AddArtifactTask.java:132)
>>         at org.apache.maven.plugins.assembly.archive.task.
>> AddDependencySetsTask.addNormalArtifact(AddDependencySetsTask.java:263)
>>         at org.apache.maven.plugins.assembly.archive.task.
>> AddDependencySetsTask.addDependencySet(AddDependencySetsTask.java:175)
>>         at org.apache.maven.plugins.assembly.archive.task.
>> AddDependencySetsTask.execute(AddDependencySetsTask.java:120)
>>         at org.apache.maven.plugins.assembly.archive.phase.
>> DependencySetAssemblyPhase.execute(DependencySetAssemblyPhase.java:104)
>>         at org.apache.maven.plugins.assembly.archive.
>> DefaultAssemblyArchiver.createArchive(DefaultAssemblyArchiver.java:181)
>>         at org.apache.maven.plugins.assembly.mojos.
>> AbstractAssemblyMojo.execute(AbstractAssemblyMojo.java:478)
>>         ... 23 more
>>     Caused by: org.codehaus.plexus.archiver.ArchiverException:
>> E:\vcs\gitlab\release\release-3.0.0-RC1\target\checkout\audit-domain\target\classes
>> isn't a file.
>>         at org.codehaus.plexus.archiver.AbstractArchiver.addFile(
>> AbstractArchiver.java:442)
>>         at org.codehaus.plexus.archiver.AbstractArchiver.addFile(
>> AbstractArchiver.java:369)
>>         at org.apache.maven.plugins.assembly.archive.archiver.
>> AssemblyProxyArchiver.addFile(AssemblyProxyArchiver.java:425)
>>         at org.apache.maven.plugins.assembly.archive.task.
>> AddArtifactTask.asFile(AddArtifactTask.java:175)

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Maven Assembly Plugin 3.1.0 : Error adding file to archive \target\classes isn't a file.

Tibor Digana
I found the root cause and I need your explanation and possible workaround
if it exists.
It is caused by maven-javadoc-plugin with goal "aggregate" running only in
reporting section of Parent POM, see [1].
See the build plan [2]. The children do not run Javadoc but the
maven-assembly-plugin fails in a child POM.

I also think that the call
MavenProject.getArtifact().getFile()
does not return *.war file nothing but "target/classes" in module
"audit-server". Expected is target/*.war.

Interesting thing is that another goal  "javadoc" of the
maven-javadoc-plugin running in children does not cause this problem.

[1]:

<reporting>
    <plugins>
        <plugin>
            <artifactId>maven-javadoc-plugin</artifactId>
            <reportSets>
                <reportSet>
                    <id>aggregate-javadoc-report</id>
                    <inherited>false</inherited>
                    <reports>
                        <report>aggregate</report>
                    </reports>
                </reportSet>
            </reportSets>
        </plugin>
    </plugins>
</reporting>

[2]:

[INFO] Reactor Summary:
[INFO]
[INFO] Audit .............................................. SUCCESS [
37.068 s]
[INFO] audit-setup-integration-tests ...................... SUCCESS [
2.589 s]
[INFO] audit-logger-constants ............................. SUCCESS [
3.192 s]
[INFO] audit-annotations .................................. SUCCESS [
4.013 s]
[INFO] audit-util ......................................... SUCCESS [
3.405 s]
[INFO] audit-reader-api ................................... SUCCESS [
8.938 s]
[INFO] audit-domain ....................................... SUCCESS [
8.295 s]
[INFO] audit-reader ....................................... SUCCESS [
7.608 s]
[INFO] audit-context ...................................... SUCCESS [
1.037 s]
[INFO] audit-context-api .................................. SUCCESS [
4.038 s]
[INFO] audit-logger-api ................................... SUCCESS [
5.261 s]
[INFO] auditlog-providers ................................. SUCCESS [
1.038 s]
[INFO] auditlog-sessionscoped-provider .................... SUCCESS [
2.876 s]
[INFO] auditlog-requestscoped-provider .................... SUCCESS [
2.870 s]
[INFO] auditlog-qualified-provider ........................ SUCCESS [
2.908 s]
[INFO] audit-logger ....................................... SUCCESS [
13.374 s]
[INFO] audit-logger-providers ............................. SUCCESS [
2.403 s]
[INFO] audit-logger-console-provider ...................... SUCCESS [
2.861 s]
[INFO] audit-context-factory .............................. SUCCESS [
7.909 s]
[INFO] audit-logger-jpa-provider .......................... SUCCESS [
5.911 s]
[INFO] audit-logger-distributed-provider .................. SUCCESS [
6.136 s]
[INFO] audit-flyway ....................................... SUCCESS [
5.167 s]
[INFO] audit-server ....................................... FAILURE [
1.287 s]
[INFO] bom-audit-direct-logger ............................ SKIPPED
[INFO] bom-audit-direct-loader ............................ SKIPPED
[INFO] Audit Plugins BOM .................................. SKIPPED
[INFO] bom-audit-distributed-logger ....................... SKIPPED
[INFO] bom-audit-distributed-loader ....................... SKIPPED
[INFO]
------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO]
------------------------------------------------------------------------




On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 10:08 PM, Karl Heinz Marbaise <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi Tibor,
>
> On 28/03/18 21:56, Tibor Digana wrote:
>
>> It cannot be dependency issue because as I said before, (mvn install)
>> works
>> fine.
>>
>
> Exactly that's the point..that's happing occasiaonally that you do an mvn
> install which means modules will be installed into the local repository and
> if the build continues to the point where the dependency is need it will be
> solved via local repository (and not from the reactor) and in the end the
> build is successfully.
>
> The point is that I assume that during the release you don't use -T ...
>
> So during the release the build order is not correct order of modules and
> it fails cause at the point of the dependency this dependency is not built
> yet...
>
> I'm not 100% sure but I would expect that a dependency is missing in the
> for the assembly module....
>
> Can you check your build by cleaning your local cache and simply do a:
>
> mvn clean package
>
> which must be successful. Single thread nothing more ...I assume that your
> build will fail...
>
>
> Kind regards
> Karl Heinz Marbaise
>
>
>
> Deploy is one phase after. We have site and release extra which breaks the
>> build.
>>
>> On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 8:46 PM, Karl Heinz Marbaise <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>>
>>> On 28/03/18 20:27, Tibor Digana wrote:
>>>
>>> yes, audit-domain is jar, but why the assembly works with mvn install,
>>>> but
>>>> why it does not work within release?
>>>>
>>>>
>>> This sounds like a dependency issue between the modules.....
>>>
>>> Kind regards
>>> Karl Heinz Marbaise
>>>
>>>
>>> No, I do not use -T, no multithreading.
>>>
>>>> It's clear to me that it looks like the domain has not been packaged but
>>>> this should not happen because audit-server is dependent on audit-domain
>>>> transitively.
>>>> I can check the build plan.
>>>>
>>>> On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 8:21 PM, Robert Scholte <[hidden email]>
>>>> wrote:
>>>>
>>>> based on the name 'audit-domain' I would expect it to be a jar.
>>>>
>>>>> Are you running with multiple threads and could it be that audit-domain
>>>>> hasn't been packaged yet when making your war/assembly?
>>>>> Looks like a ratrace to me.
>>>>>
>>>>> Robert
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> On Wed, 28 Mar 2018 20:14:29 +0200, Tibor Digana <
>>>>> [hidden email]
>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>> I am not rewriting the POM Model. I am just a Maven user.
>>>>>
>>>>> My project has WAR packaging.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 7:16 PM, Robert Scholte <[hidden email]
>>>>>> >
>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Not sure if this is the answer you are looking for, but it is good to
>>>>>>
>>>>>> know:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-compiler-plugin/xref/
>>>>>>> org/apache/maven/plugin/compiler/CompilerMojo.html#L170
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> here the outputdirectory is bound to the artifact.
>>>>>>> This is *only* useful when building up the classpath; now you can
>>>>>>> simply
>>>>>>> say: give me the file for every artifact, outputdirectory and jar are
>>>>>>> both
>>>>>>> fine.
>>>>>>> I don't like this, but that's how it works right now and rewriting it
>>>>>>> will
>>>>>>> have a huge impact.
>>>>>>> During jar:jar the jar should be attached to this artifact.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> thanks,
>>>>>>> Robert
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> On Wed, 28 Mar 2018 08:08:48 +0200, Tibor Digana <
>>>>>>> [hidden email]
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> I have checked the configuration of release plugin again and the
>>>>>>> goals
>>>>>>> are
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> set correctly, I think:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> <goals>deploy post-site site:stage site:stage-deploy
>>>>>>>> -Dwagon.webdav.continueOnFailure=true</goals>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Why then the code *MavenProject.getArtifact().get**File()*  returns
>>>>>>>> *target/classes* instead of real artifact* target/*.jar*?
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> The execution of assembly plugin is bound to the phase:
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> <phase>pre-integration-test</phase>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Cheers
>>>>>>>> Tibor
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> On Tue, Mar 27, 2018 at 8:32 PM, Robert Scholte <
>>>>>>>> [hidden email]
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Hi,
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> looks to me something during the packaging failed.
>>>>>>>>> As if MavenProject.getArtifact().getFile() still points to the
>>>>>>>>> output
>>>>>>>>> directory instead of the jar.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Robert
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> On Tue, 27 Mar 2018 09:52:03 +0200, Tibor Digana <
>>>>>>>>> [hidden email]
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> There is a similar issue in our Jira
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MASSEMBLY-411
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Nobody has seen this? Any opinion about this or workaround?
>>>>>>>>>> Everything would help!
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> On Mon, Mar 26, 2018 at 9:21 PM, Tibor Digana <
>>>>>>>>>> [hidden email]
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> I have a specific problem with Maven Assembly Plugin to run during
>>>>>>>>>> (mvn
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> release:perform).
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> If I run the build (mvn install) the plugin works as expected.
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> I've got this error while cutting release:
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:
>>>>>>>>>>> maven-assembly-plugin:3.1.0:single
>>>>>>>>>>> (web-archive-h2-integration-te
>>>>>>>>>>> sts)
>>>>>>>>>>> on
>>>>>>>>>>> project audit-server: Failed to create assembly: Error adding
>>>>>>>>>>> file
>>>>>>>>>>> 'com.scheidtbachmann.shared.audit:audit-domain:jar:without-
>>>>>>>>>>> validation:3.0.0-RC1'
>>>>>>>>>>> to archive: E:\vcs\gitlab\release\release-
>>>>>>>>>>> 3.0.0-RC1\target\checkout\audi
>>>>>>>>>>> t-domain\target\classes
>>>>>>>>>>> isn't a file.
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> Have you seen such error?
>>>>>>>>>>> Do you know any workaround?
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>       [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:
>>>>>>>>>>> maven-assembly-plugin:3.1.0:single
>>>>>>>>>>> (web-archive-h2-integration-te
>>>>>>>>>>> sts)
>>>>>>>>>>> on
>>>>>>>>>>> project audit-server: Failed to create assembly: Error adding
>>>>>>>>>>> file
>>>>>>>>>>> 'com.scheidtbachmann.shared.audit:audit-domain:jar:without-
>>>>>>>>>>> validation:3.0.0-RC1'
>>>>>>>>>>> to archive:
>>>>>>>>>>>       org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException:
>>>>>>>>>>> Failed
>>>>>>>>>>> to
>>>>>>>>>>> execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven
>>>>>>>>>>> -assembly-plugin:3.1.0:single
>>>>>>>>>>> (web-archive-h2-integration-tests) on project audit-server:
>>>>>>>>>>> Failed
>>>>>>>>>>> to
>>>>>>>>>>> create assembly: Error adding file 'com.scheidtbachmann.shared.
>>>>>>>>>>> audit:audit-doma
>>>>>>>>>>>           at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.int
>>>>>>>>>>> ernal.MojoExecutor.execute(
>>>>>>>>>>> MojoExecutor.java:213)
>>>>>>>>>>>           at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.int
>>>>>>>>>>> ernal.MojoExecutor.execute(
>>>>>>>>>>> MojoExecutor.java:154)
>>>>>>>>>>>           at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.int
>>>>>>>>>>> ernal.MojoExecutor.execute(
>>>>>>>>>>> MojoExecutor.java:146)
>>>>>>>>>>>           at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.int
>>>>>>>>>>> ernal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.
>>>>>>>>>>> buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:117)
>>>>>>>>>>>           at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.int
>>>>>>>>>>> ernal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.
>>>>>>>>>>> buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:81)
>>>>>>>>>>>           at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.int
>>>>>>>>>>> ernal.builder.singlethreaded.
>>>>>>>>>>> SingleThreadedBuilder.build(SingleThreadedBuilder.java:51)
>>>>>>>>>>>           at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.int
>>>>>>>>>>> ernal.LifecycleStarter.
>>>>>>>>>>> execute(LifecycleStarter.java:128)
>>>>>>>>>>>           at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.
>>>>>>>>>>> doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:30
>>>>>>>>>>> 9)
>>>>>>>>>>>           at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.
>>>>>>>>>>> doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:19
>>>>>>>>>>> 4)
>>>>>>>>>>>           at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.
>>>>>>>>>>> execute(DefaultMaven.java:107)
>>>>>>>>>>>           at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.
>>>>>>>>>>> execute(MavenCli.java:993)
>>>>>>>>>>>           at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.
>>>>>>>>>>> doMain(MavenCli.java:345)
>>>>>>>>>>>           at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.
>>>>>>>>>>> main(MavenCli.java:191)
>>>>>>>>>>>           at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
>>>>>>>>>>> Method)
>>>>>>>>>>>           at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(
>>>>>>>>>>> NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
>>>>>>>>>>>           at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(
>>>>>>>>>>> DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
>>>>>>>>>>>           at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
>>>>>>>>>>>           at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.
>>>>>>>>>>> launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:289)
>>>>>>>>>>>           at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.
>>>>>>>>>>> launch(Launcher.java:229)
>>>>>>>>>>>           at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.
>>>>>>>>>>> mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:415)
>>>>>>>>>>>           at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.
>>>>>>>>>>> main(Launcher.java:356)
>>>>>>>>>>>       Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException:
>>>>>>>>>>> Failed
>>>>>>>>>>> to
>>>>>>>>>>> create assembly: Error adding file 'com.scheidtbachmann.shared.
>>>>>>>>>>> audit:audit-domain:jar:without-validation:3.0.0-RC1' to archive:
>>>>>>>>>>> E:\vcs\gitlab\release\release-3.0.0-RC1\target\checkout\audi
>>>>>>>>>>> t-domain\target\classes
>>>>>>>>>>> isn't a
>>>>>>>>>>>           at org.apache.maven.plugins.assembly.mojos.
>>>>>>>>>>> AbstractAssemblyMojo.execute(AbstractAssemblyMojo.java:532)
>>>>>>>>>>>           at org.apache.maven.plugins.assembly.mojos.
>>>>>>>>>>> SingleAssemblyMojo.execute(SingleAssemblyMojo.java:61)
>>>>>>>>>>>           at org.apache.maven.plugin.Defaul
>>>>>>>>>>> tBuildPluginManager.executeMoj
>>>>>>>>>>> o(
>>>>>>>>>>> DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:134)
>>>>>>>>>>>           at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.int
>>>>>>>>>>> ernal.MojoExecutor.execute(
>>>>>>>>>>> MojoExecutor.java:208)
>>>>>>>>>>>           ... 20 more
>>>>>>>>>>>       Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugins.assem
>>>>>>>>>>> bly.archive.ArchiveCreationException:
>>>>>>>>>>> Error adding file 'com.scheidtbachmann.shared.au
>>>>>>>>>>> dit:audit-domain:jar:without-validation:3.0.0-RC1'
>>>>>>>>>>> to archive: E:\vcs\gitlab\release\release-
>>>>>>>>>>> 3.0.0-RC1\target\checkout\audi
>>>>>>>>>>> t-domain\target\classes
>>>>>>>>>>> isn't a file.
>>>>>>>>>>>           at org.apache.maven.plugins.assembly.archive.task.
>>>>>>>>>>> AddArtifactTask.asFile(AddArtifactTask.java:180)
>>>>>>>>>>>           at org.apache.maven.plugins.assembly.archive.task.
>>>>>>>>>>> AddArtifactTask.execute(AddArtifactTask.java:132)
>>>>>>>>>>>           at org.apache.maven.plugins.assembly.archive.task.
>>>>>>>>>>> AddDependencySetsTask.addNormalArtifact(AddDependencySetsTas
>>>>>>>>>>> k.java:263)
>>>>>>>>>>>           at org.apache.maven.plugins.assembly.archive.task.
>>>>>>>>>>> AddDependencySetsTask.addDependencySet(AddDependencySetsTask
>>>>>>>>>>> .java:175)
>>>>>>>>>>>           at org.apache.maven.plugins.assembly.archive.task.
>>>>>>>>>>> AddDependencySetsTask.execute(AddDependencySetsTask.java:120)
>>>>>>>>>>>           at org.apache.maven.plugins.assembly.archive.phase.
>>>>>>>>>>> DependencySetAssemblyPhase.execute(DependencySetAssemblyPhas
>>>>>>>>>>> e.java:104)
>>>>>>>>>>>           at org.apache.maven.plugins.assembly.archive.
>>>>>>>>>>> DefaultAssemblyArchiver.createArchive(DefaultAssemblyArchive
>>>>>>>>>>> r.java:181)
>>>>>>>>>>>           at org.apache.maven.plugins.assembly.mojos.
>>>>>>>>>>> AbstractAssemblyMojo.execute(AbstractAssemblyMojo.java:478)
>>>>>>>>>>>           ... 23 more
>>>>>>>>>>>       Caused by: org.codehaus.plexus.archiver.ArchiverException:
>>>>>>>>>>> E:\vcs\gitlab\release\release-3.0.0-RC1\target\checkout\audi
>>>>>>>>>>> t-domain\target\classes
>>>>>>>>>>> isn't a file.
>>>>>>>>>>>           at org.codehaus.plexus.archiver.A
>>>>>>>>>>> bstractArchiver.addFile(
>>>>>>>>>>> AbstractArchiver.java:442)
>>>>>>>>>>>           at org.codehaus.plexus.archiver.A
>>>>>>>>>>> bstractArchiver.addFile(
>>>>>>>>>>> AbstractArchiver.java:369)
>>>>>>>>>>>           at org.apache.maven.plugins.assembly.archive.archiver.
>>>>>>>>>>> AssemblyProxyArchiver.addFile(AssemblyProxyArchiver.java:425)
>>>>>>>>>>>           at org.apache.maven.plugins.assembly.archive.task.
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Maven Assembly Plugin 3.1.0 : Error adding file to archive \target\classes isn't a file.

Tibor Digana
In reply to this post by rfscholte
Hi Robert,

This issue is caused when I use maven-javadoc-plugin:3.0.0 with goal
"aggregate".
I could not find such setter [1] but I think this is caused by Maven core
because this plugin only forks "compile" phase within Parent POM which I
guess affected the Project Model of particular child.
Should I create a Jira ticket or you maybe have an idea what could be wrong?

[1]: MavenProject.getArtifact().setFile()

Cheers
Tibor


On Tue, Mar 27, 2018 at 8:32 PM, Robert Scholte <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> looks to me something during the packaging failed.
> As if MavenProject.getArtifact().getFile() still points to the output
> directory instead of the jar.
>
> Robert
>
>
> On Tue, 27 Mar 2018 09:52:03 +0200, Tibor Digana <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> There is a similar issue in our Jira
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MASSEMBLY-411
>> Nobody has seen this? Any opinion about this or workaround?
>> Everything would help!
>>
>> On Mon, Mar 26, 2018 at 9:21 PM, Tibor Digana <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> I have a specific problem with Maven Assembly Plugin to run during (mvn
>>> release:perform).
>>> If I run the build (mvn install) the plugin works as expected.
>>>
>>> I've got this error while cutting release:
>>>
>>> Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:
>>> maven-assembly-plugin:3.1.0:single (web-archive-h2-integration-tests) on
>>> project audit-server: Failed to create assembly: Error adding file
>>> 'com.scheidtbachmann.shared.audit:audit-domain:jar:without-
>>> validation:3.0.0-RC1'
>>> to archive: E:\vcs\gitlab\release\release-3.0.0-RC1\target\checkout\audi
>>> t-domain\target\classes
>>> isn't a file.
>>>
>>> Have you seen such error?
>>> Do you know any workaround?
>>>
>>>
>>>     [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:
>>> maven-assembly-plugin:3.1.0:single (web-archive-h2-integration-tests) on
>>> project audit-server: Failed to create assembly: Error adding file
>>> 'com.scheidtbachmann.shared.audit:audit-domain:jar:without-
>>> validation:3.0.0-RC1'
>>> to archive:
>>>     org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to
>>> execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-assembly-plugin:3.1.0:single
>>> (web-archive-h2-integration-tests) on project audit-server: Failed to
>>> create assembly: Error adding file 'com.scheidtbachmann.shared.
>>> audit:audit-doma
>>>         at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(
>>> MojoExecutor.java:213)
>>>         at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(
>>> MojoExecutor.java:154)
>>>         at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(
>>> MojoExecutor.java:146)
>>>         at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.
>>> buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:117)
>>>         at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.
>>> buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:81)
>>>         at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.builder.singlethreaded.
>>> SingleThreadedBuilder.build(SingleThreadedBuilder.java:51)
>>>         at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.
>>> execute(LifecycleStarter.java:128)
>>>         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:30
>>> 9)
>>>         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:19
>>> 4)
>>>         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:107)
>>>         at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.execute(MavenCli.java:993)
>>>         at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.doMain(MavenCli.java:345)
>>>         at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:191)
>>>         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>>>         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(
>>> NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
>>>         at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(
>>> DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
>>>         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
>>>         at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.
>>> launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:289)
>>>         at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.
>>> launch(Launcher.java:229)
>>>         at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.
>>> mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:415)
>>>         at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.
>>> main(Launcher.java:356)
>>>     Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: Failed to
>>> create assembly: Error adding file 'com.scheidtbachmann.shared.
>>> audit:audit-domain:jar:without-validation:3.0.0-RC1' to archive:
>>> E:\vcs\gitlab\release\release-3.0.0-RC1\target\checkout\audi
>>> t-domain\target\classes
>>> isn't a
>>>         at org.apache.maven.plugins.assembly.mojos.
>>> AbstractAssemblyMojo.execute(AbstractAssemblyMojo.java:532)
>>>         at org.apache.maven.plugins.assembly.mojos.
>>> SingleAssemblyMojo.execute(SingleAssemblyMojo.java:61)
>>>         at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMoj
>>> o(
>>> DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:134)
>>>         at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(
>>> MojoExecutor.java:208)
>>>         ... 20 more
>>>     Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugins.assem
>>> bly.archive.ArchiveCreationException:
>>> Error adding file 'com.scheidtbachmann.shared.au
>>> dit:audit-domain:jar:without-validation:3.0.0-RC1'
>>> to archive: E:\vcs\gitlab\release\release-3.0.0-RC1\target\checkout\audi
>>> t-domain\target\classes
>>> isn't a file.
>>>         at org.apache.maven.plugins.assembly.archive.task.
>>> AddArtifactTask.asFile(AddArtifactTask.java:180)
>>>         at org.apache.maven.plugins.assembly.archive.task.
>>> AddArtifactTask.execute(AddArtifactTask.java:132)
>>>         at org.apache.maven.plugins.assembly.archive.task.
>>> AddDependencySetsTask.addNormalArtifact(AddDependencySetsTask.java:263)
>>>         at org.apache.maven.plugins.assembly.archive.task.
>>> AddDependencySetsTask.addDependencySet(AddDependencySetsTask.java:175)
>>>         at org.apache.maven.plugins.assembly.archive.task.
>>> AddDependencySetsTask.execute(AddDependencySetsTask.java:120)
>>>         at org.apache.maven.plugins.assembly.archive.phase.
>>> DependencySetAssemblyPhase.execute(DependencySetAssemblyPhase.java:104)
>>>         at org.apache.maven.plugins.assembly.archive.
>>> DefaultAssemblyArchiver.createArchive(DefaultAssemblyArchiver.java:181)
>>>         at org.apache.maven.plugins.assembly.mojos.
>>> AbstractAssemblyMojo.execute(AbstractAssemblyMojo.java:478)
>>>         ... 23 more
>>>     Caused by: org.codehaus.plexus.archiver.ArchiverException:
>>> E:\vcs\gitlab\release\release-3.0.0-RC1\target\checkout\audi
>>> t-domain\target\classes
>>> isn't a file.
>>>         at org.codehaus.plexus.archiver.AbstractArchiver.addFile(
>>> AbstractArchiver.java:442)
>>>         at org.codehaus.plexus.archiver.AbstractArchiver.addFile(
>>> AbstractArchiver.java:369)
>>>         at org.apache.maven.plugins.assembly.archive.archiver.
>>> AssemblyProxyArchiver.addFile(AssemblyProxyArchiver.java:425)
>>>         at org.apache.maven.plugins.assembly.archive.task.
>>> AddArtifactTask.asFile(AddArtifactTask.java:175)
>>>
>>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>