Re: Maven Ant Tasks - cannot connect to Maven Central anymore

Re: Maven Ant Tasks - cannot connect to Maven Central anymore

Vladimir Sitnikov

Re: Maven Ant Tasks - cannot connect to Maven Central anymore

Cristian Caprar
Hi Vladimir,

I am aware of https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MANTTASKS-206 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MANTTASKS-206>, but this is not the problem we are having.

Our problem only happens in the downloadAndConfigureMaven branch, where any other setting is ignored and the default hardcoded central repo HTTP url is injected.

This default repo does not come from AbstractArtifactWithRepositoryTask#getDefaultRemoteRepository (even though it should be changed there also, to https), but it comes from the very maven project definition that is in org.apache.maven:maven-project:2.2.1 (which also keeps using http). If that would change to HTTPS, it would be used.

I forked the repo, created a feature branch and submitted a PR to the main repo.

Hope it is useful.

Cristi C.