Re: Maven 4: -pl !... is not recursive

Romain Manni-Bucau
Le sam. 20 févr. 2021 à 11:14, Martin Kanters <[hidden email]> a
écrit :

> Hey,
>
> I agree this is unwanted behaviour, we should definitely align
> project inclusion and exclusion.
> In MNG-6981 [1] I made inclusion recursive. Please find the discussion in
> the JIRA comments.
> In summary, you can get the old behavior back using -f and -N.

Hmm, per module? If not i would still revert for the mentionned reason

> I've created MNG-7102 [2] to resolve this and will pick it up directly as I
> have also picked up MNG-6981.
> The only thing is that the workaround with -f and -N will not work in the
> exclusion case.
> I don't think it should be needed to be able to only exclude a parent pom,
> but perhaps I'm missing something.
> Next to that, I think we should be careful with adding new flags just to
> make sure we are backwards compatible, as it might unnecessarily complicate
> the codebase and user experience if it is not used in the end.
>
> Thanks for the bug report, Falko!
>
> Martin
>
> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-6981
> [2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-7102
>
> Op za 20 feb. 2021 om 10:04 schreef Markus KARG <[hidden email]>:
>
> > Yes it might be the better solution to keep it backwards compatible and
> do
> > recursive -plr X / -plr !X as a new option.

Martin Kanters
It would indeed be per module, so it's not a 100% backwards compatible
workaround.
Then again, as Robert Scholte suggested in the original discussion [1],
does it make sense to just build an aggregator pom without its children?

[1]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-6981?focusedCommentId=17192672&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel#comment-17192672