Quantcast

Re: [MNG-5567] Zip files are not included in classpaths at all

Re: [MNG-5567] Zip files are not included in classpaths at all

michaelo
Am 2017-05-11 um 19:39 schrieb Jörg Schaible:

> Michael Osipov wrote:
>
>> Folks,
>>
>> what to do with this issue? There has been too much discussion about a
>> simple and valid extension.
>>
>> It is actually a no-brainer..ITs are pending...
>
> I won't call it no-brainer if you scew up existing project setups. And I
> addressed the issue now twice here on the list.

The fix itself is a no-brainer.

Re: [MNG-5567] Zip files are not included in classpaths at all

Robert Scholte-6
I would like to move this to the next major version of Maven.
Now it is the (package-)type of the dependency which decides if it should
be on the classpath or not.
I don't think that's correct, it should either be the compiler-plugin or
the specific packaging plugin. (Maven itself should not be aware of the
programming language, so having "classpath" references in Maven-core shows
small design choices I would disagree with right now)
And even though the spec says zip and jar files are allowed on the
classpath, we've rarely heard somebody complaining about the missing
support for zip-files.

Robert