Re: Logging api in plugins

Robert Scholte-8
I agree that we should advice that Maven Plugins should use the provided logging API.
I can't find the ticket anymore, but I've created one where it should be possible to scope the debug-logging for a specific goal.
Most of the time you're interested in the debug logging of the last failed goal only.
By doing something like -Xplugin:goal it might be possible to achieve that, but that will probably only work if plugins use the provided logging API instead of the global LoggerFactory

thanks,
Robert
On 18-1-2021 09:35:01, Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi

+1 to explicit it.

About message formatting it is not critical for me and enables to switch
the impl at will without being impl locked so maybe rather add lazy
evaluation with lambdas like in jul.