Re: Logging api in plugins

Slawomir Jaranowski
pon., 2 gru 2019 o 09:52 Jochen Wiedmann <[hidden email]>
napisał(a):

> On Thu, Nov 28, 2019 at 9:46 PM Slawomir Jaranowski
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I'm writing some maven plugins - some for fun and with public code but
> more
> > maven plugins I'm writing for job in my company.
> >
> > Maven from version 3.1.x use slf4j for logging.
> >
> > But plugin api still use simple logging api
> > org.apache.maven.plugin.logging.Log.
> > It will be useful to have access to more richer feature of logging task.
> >
> > What is the plan for future in this case?
> >  - extends  org.apache.maven.plugin.logging.Log in order to support slf4j
> > feature
>
> My personal experience suggests, that we shouldn't bind ourselves to a
> particular logging API. So, I'd go for this one.
>
> Jochen

I've looked a little more info about this topic and I found:
https://maven.apache.org/maven-logging.html
https://maven.apache.org/ref/3.5.3/maven-embedder/logging.html

So it is look like I can use slf4j directly - I hope i'm right.

And I think that question about future implementation to
org.apache.maven.plugin.logging.Log is still actual.

I've looked at code and when we will want to extend plexus logging it will
be a lot of work that are already done in slf4j.

--
Sławomir Jaranowski