Re: JDeprscan plugin 3.0.0 ?

Benjamin Marwell-2
Sounds interesting! Is anyone using this yet?

Seems to be a reasonable default plugin for builds, additional to
-Dmaven.compiler.showDeprecation=true

Probably another (maybe even more useful) goal would be to scan
compile- and runtime dependencies as well.

Am Di., 23. Feb. 2021 um 20:40 Uhr schrieb Andres Almiray <[hidden email]>:

> Hello everyone,
>
> While doing research on Maven plugins hat help you work with modular
> applications I couldn't fail to notice that the jdeprscan plugin is listed
> at version 3.0.0-alpha-1 and its page marks it as prerelease since 2017
>
> https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-jdeprscan-plugin/
>
> As you may be aware this was the case for the jlink plugin which received
> some love from Benjamin, Sandra, Karl-Heinz and co. and was able to cross
> the 3.0.0 line in late 2020. It's actually now at 3.1.0.
>
> I wonder what's missing in the current state to turn it into 3.0.0? What
> can be done to make this plugin cross the 3.0.0 line as well? Happy to help.
>
> Cheers,
> Andres

> Java Champion; Groovy Enthusiast
> http://andresalmiray.com
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/aalmiray
> --
> What goes up, must come down. Ask any system administrator.
> There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and
> those who don't.
> To understand recursion, we must first understand recursion.

Re: JDeprscan plugin 3.0.0 ?

Andres Almiray
Indeed. Scanning compile & runtime dependencies is a feature Robert and I
discussed back at JCrete 2018 if not mistaken.
For comparison the Gradle jdeprscan plugin (for which I'm the author) has
this feature.

I believe this feature was even added to the issue tracker at some point.

Cheers,
Andres