Re: Is there another alternative to using maven plug-in ?

Re: Is there another alternative to using maven plug-in ?

Karen Goh
I managed to get the error away by adding

<failOnMissingWebXml>false</failOnMissingWebXml>

cos I am using Servlet 3.0 and no web.xml is needed.

 Subject: Re: Is there another alternative to using maven plug-in ?
 To: [hidden email]
 Date: Saturday, February 3, 2018, 10:48 PM

 Hi Karen,

 Am Wed, 31 Jan 2018 08:06:31 +0000
 schrieb Karen Goh:

 > Hi John,
 >
 > I changed my pom according to what
 you said, by removing the provided
 > portion.
 > However, I am still getting the
 below error :

 > Failed to execute goal
 org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-war-plugin:2.2:war
 > (default-war) on project Hi5S:
 Error assembling WAR: webxml attribute is
 > required (or pre-existing
 WEB-INF/web.xml if executing in update mode)

 > I have provided web.xml in the
 WEB-INF :

 [snip]

 So, where is your web.xml located in
 relation to the project root?

 Cheers,
  Jörg

Re: Is there another alternative to using maven plug-in ?

gboue
You could also upgrade the maven-war-plugin to version 3.1.0 or newer:
it will automatically detect if you're using Servlet 3.0, in which case
it won't require a web.xml file to be present.

Le 16/02/2018 à 17:21, Karen Goh a écrit :

> I managed to get the error away by adding
>
> <failOnMissingWebXml>false</failOnMissingWebXml>
>
> cos I am using Servlet 3.0 and no web.xml is needed.
> On Sat, 2/3/18, Jörg Schaible <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>   Subject: Re: Is there another alternative to using maven plug-in ?
>   To: [hidden email]
>   Date: Saturday, February 3, 2018, 10:48 PM
>
>   Hi Karen,
>
>   Am Wed, 31 Jan 2018 08:06:31 +0000
>   schrieb Karen Goh:
>
>   > Hi John,
>   >
>   > I changed my pom according to what
>   you said, by removing the provided
>   > portion.
>   > However, I am still getting the
>   below error :
>   >
>   > Failed to execute goal
>   org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-war-plugin:2.2:war
>   > (default-war) on project Hi5S:
>   Error assembling WAR: webxml attribute is
>   > required (or pre-existing
>   WEB-INF/web.xml if executing in update mode)
>   >
>   > I have provided web.xml in the
>   WEB-INF :
>
>   [snip]