Re: Incremental Maven - push the feature

Re: Incremental Maven - push the feature

Alexander Ashitkin
Hi Paul
this is fork which is required to use with mvnw. It is fully compatible with usual maven so no special modifications to project are required except config file.

Thank you
Aleks

On 2021/02/22 10:40:23, Paul Hammant <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Sounds great. Quick check - this is a fork of Maven somehow?  Or additional
> plugins that are configurable into standard Maven?
>
> I too published something on quicker Maven builds that's lower tech -
> https://paulhammant.com/2021/01/28/dagging-on-maven
>
> - Paul

RE: Incremental Maven - push the feature

Maximilian Novikov
Dear Maven Dev,

We would like to make a live demo of this feature and we will be happy to answer your questions.
If you are interested to attend please reply directly to me and specify your timezone/preferable time.

Kind regards,
Maximilian Novikov

Re: Incremental Maven - push the feature

Tibor Digana
Hi all,

There are two groups of multi-module projects:
- with many modules
- with one large module

The extension "gitflow-incremental-builder" and the cache are useful in the
first alternative.
But can we provide an incremental Java compiler for the second alternative?

If there is an argument that the Jenkins typically cleans up the workspace
and there is no way to keep the previous *.class files, then my argument is
that the incremental Java compiler (as a base of incremental build) would
be working fine if we had the "cache" on the Jenkins and Maven level too.
But there must be some Maven extension point able to cooperate with the
build systems as e.g. Jenkins. WDYT?

Cheers
Tibor17