Re: [Idea] Coding Guidelines for Maven Contribution Newbies

Re: [Idea] Coding Guidelines for Maven Contribution Newbies

Gary Gregory-2
It would be great if one could download Eclipse or Idea settings files, or
better yet, include them in each repo.

Gary

On Tue, Dec 22, 2020, 08:34 Sandra Parsick <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello dev-list,
>
> some weeks ago, I have started creating some Pull Requests for the Maven
> JLink Plugin [1]. There were many hints about coding rules or decision
> which version / libs etc should be used and more. So I need some
> iterations till a trivial (IMHO) PR was accepted or in one case to find
> out the PR was completely unnecessary. That was a little bit frustating.
> I think it would be easier for new contributor to have a guideline or
> checklist of things to consider. I would love to help create such a
> checklist or guideline to lower the barrier to entry for contributing. I
> already discuss the idea with Ben and he has agreed to help. So what do
> you think about this idea? If this idea finds approval, where is the
> best place to place it?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Sandra
>
> [1]
>
> https://github.com/apache/maven-jlink-plugin/pulls?q=is%3Apr+is%3Aclosed+author%3Asparsick

Re: [Idea] Coding Guidelines for Maven Contribution Newbies

Sandra Parsick
Hi all,

I started a Github repository [1], where I will collect my lessons
learned. Contribution is welcome.

Regards,

Sandra

[1] https://github.com/sparsick/maven-contribution-newbie