Re: How to see output for failing integration tests on jenkins

Re: How to see output for failing integration tests on jenkins

Robert Scholte-8
Blue Ocean is quite detailed:
https://builds.apache.org/blue/organizations/jenkins/maven-box%2Fmaven-dependency-plugin/detail/te/1/pipeline

On 5-8-2020 20:18:23, Ian Lavallee <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to figure out why tests that pass locally are failing on
Jenkins. When I run the tests locally I can go target\it\test to see the
output, build log, etc. of each integration test but I can't figure out how
to do that on Jenkins. Does anyone know how to do this or how to get more
info than just the logs?

Build:
https://builds.apache.org/job/maven-box/job/maven-dependency-plugin/job/te/

Thanks,
Ian

Re: How to see output for failing integration tests on jenkins

Matt Foley
Hi Ian,
To access additional files, such as IT output files, you need to tell Jenkins to save them as “artifacts”.  This page tells how, if your project is using Jenkinsfiles (which are highly recommended):
        https://www.jenkins.io/doc/pipeline/tour/tests-and-artifacts/
Something similar can be done with the other Jenkins control configurations.

However, for the build#1 at the link you provided, don’t these test logs give enough info?
        https://builds.apache.org/blue/organizations/jenkins/maven-box%2Fmaven-dependency-plugin/detail/te/1/pipeline

Hope this helps,
—Matt

—————————