Re: Hello from mvnd

Romain Manni-Bucau
Hi,

This one is not easy since both cases make sense IMHO (using "mvn" through
mvnd or real pure isolated "mvn").
My immediate thought is to play with PATH order and to provide an "mvn"
script as an extension of mvnd and not something built-in (well documented
it is enough IMO).
Using toolchain we can also make it more transparent (but not sure it would
be the default without some enhancements and plugin upgrades which seems
the issue you hit).

Last thing I can think about is to relayout the distribution: mvnd/bin does
not contain maven but set maven.home to a folder not in path with mvn
script.
This makes mvnd in PATH but not mvn script since a lot of mvn script lookup
is done in mojo reading maven.home - if not it can/should be fixed since
maven/bin does not have to be in PATH to work. Such "conflict" is very
acceptable since it is exactly the goal of mvnd IMHO and it does not break
OS setup.

Hope it makes some sense.

Romain Manni-Bucau

Le mer. 14 oct. 2020 à 01:02, Mark Derricutt <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> I just wanna say kudos to mvnd - found it the other day on r/java (or
> r/programming) and I must say - this is awesome.
>
> It even plays well with our tiles-maven-plugin which I was sure it would
> play up on.
>
> Mark
>

> From: Peter Palaga <[hidden email]> <[hidden email]>
> Reply: Maven Developers List <[hidden email]> <[hidden email]>
> Date: 14 October 2020 at 8:55:14 AM
> To: [hidden email] <[hidden email]> <[hidden email]>
> Cc: Guillaume Nodet <[hidden email]> <[hidden email]>
> Subject:  Hello from mvnd
>
> I think we can say that the project left the PoC phase recently. We use it
> for our daily work, we made it available via SDKMAN and we are solving
> issues coming from the users.

Re: Hello from mvnd

Romain Manni-Bucau
Congrats guys! Can be worth some more noise cause I have to admit I didn't
see mvnd before this thread and it is something all dev likely want to test
"locally" (vs on a CI where you don't want it) IMHO.

Romain Manni-Bucau