Re: Guidance for Maven Core release

Karl Heinz Marbaise-3
Hi Enrico,

On 24.08.19 23:55, Enrico Olivelli wrote:

> Hello,
> As I going to start the release procedure for Maven Core I have a bunch of
> questions.
> I see  that the procedure is slightly different from the procedure for
> plugins ([1]), but actually the main differences are about the way we stage
> the release artifacts and the finalization phase, the core of the processs
> will be release:prepare and release:perform as usual.
>
> So I will run "mvn:perform" and I will copy the artifacts to [4], that is
> in a directory named 3.6.2 (I see that Karl used 3.6.0 last time for 3.6.1,
> maybe it was a typo).
> I will run manually the integration tests against the binary artifacts
> generated and perform my self tests, if I have some problem can I drop the
> get tag and the staged repository or should I ban "3.6.2" tag forever and
> move immediately to 3.6.3 ?
>
> I see that Karl last time ([2]) sent a mail slightly different from the
> template  [3] shall I use that email as template ?
>
> How does website staging works for Maven Core ? I see no specific
> instructions here in [6], I think the directory for Maven Core staging is
> [7] (According to the component-reference-documentation-helper tool).
> I have also found this script from Hervé, see [9], it runs the same
> commands as in the "common" procedure
>
> Release notes:
> I can't find release notes for 3.6.0 and 3.6.1 on svn [8], have the sources
> been moved to another location ? on some git repo ?
>
> Should I prepare the release notes before then I cut the release and send
> the VOTE, or can I create them during the finalization of the release ?
> It will take time to write those notes, but I also think that writing the
> release notes helps a lot in understanding the effective contents of the
> release.
>

> I have started a new build of master branch now, in order to perform a
> final check up, see[5].
>
> I am sorry if this list was so long but I feel it is a big responsibility
> to cut a release of Maven core and I want to be sure I am understanding
> clearly what I am doing.

No need to apologize cause based on the list you are asking you show how
serious you are taking this ...

No problem..

As Hervé already stated go for it...

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise

Re: Guidance for Maven Core release

Enrico Olivelli
Il giorno mar 27 ago 2019 alle ore 19:21 Karl Heinz Marbaise <
[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> Hi Enrico,
>
> On 27.08.19 18:53, Enrico Olivelli wrote:
> > I have created the tag so the master is ready for new commits.
> > I am testing the staged artifacts, It will take time.
>
> Can you send the staged artifacts URL's so I can test too ?

Sure
Here you are:
Dist area:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/maven/maven-3/3.6.2

Apache Repository
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-1529/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.6.2/

Staged site:
https://maven.apache.org/components/ref/3-LATEST/

I would like to publish Integration tests results Hervè is helping me

Enrico

On 28.08.19 19:52, Enrico Olivelli wrote:
> Thank you Mirko
> I have sent the official VOTE email.

Unfortunately I don't see the VOTE mail ? Or did I miss something ?

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise