Re: Failing integration test MNG-6386 (Unicode chars) on macOS

Re: Failing integration test MNG-6386 (Unicode chars) on macOS

Sylwester Lachiewicz
Hi,
Thx for reporting - our GitHub CI integration test run on macos [1] also
failed. Let's try to fix it.

Sylwester

[1] https://github.com/apache/maven/actions/runs/153922419

śr., 1 lip 2020, 11:25 użytkownik Maarten Mulders <[hidden email]>
napisał:

> Hi all,
>
> Ever since I started contributing on Maven, I noticed that there's one
> integration test that fails on my machine (a Macbook). The test is
> located in the MavenITmng6386BaseUriPropertyTest class, more
> specifically the testitMNG6386UnicodeChars method.
>
> I always thought it would be "just" my machine, but in the last week,
> two things happened.
> 1. I reinstalled macOS on my machine. Unfortunately, the test still
> fails on the freshly installed macOS.
> 2. Together with Martin Kanters, I started experimenting with GitHub
> actions, which also provides free macOS builds. The test also fails on
> those machines.
>
> I've tried to debug why the test fails. The assertion that fails is the
> last one, which checks for some Russian text in a property. But I don't
> understand the reason of the failure.
>
> If there's anyone with enough expertise in this area, I'd be happy to
> share some more information and see if we can make this test pass on
> macOS, too.
>
> Other than that, please know that this test fails at least on _some_ Macs.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Maarten

Re: Failing integration test MNG-6386 (Unicode chars) on macOS

Olivier Lamy
Hi
I reckon to have been lazy and not reported it but I have this
failure locally.
But fail for me as well. there is maybe some gitattributes to setup for
this directory?

On Thu, 2 Jul 2020 at 02:41, Maarten Mulders <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 01/07/2020 15:21, Michael Osipov wrote:
> > Am 2020-07-01 um 11:25 schrieb Maarten Mulders:
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> Ever since I started contributing on Maven, I noticed that there's one
> >> integration test that fails on my machine (a Macbook). The test is
> >> located in the MavenITmng6386BaseUriPropertyTest class, more
> >> specifically the testitMNG6386UnicodeChars method.
> >>
> >> I always thought it would be "just" my machine, but in the last week,
> >> two things happened.
> >> 1. I reinstalled macOS on my machine. Unfortunately, the test still
> >> fails on the freshly installed macOS.
> >> 2. Together with Martin Kanters, I started experimenting with GitHub
> >> actions, which also provides free macOS builds. The test also fails on
> >> those machines.
> >>
> >> I've tried to debug why the test fails. The assertion that fails is the
> >> last one, which checks for some Russian text in a property. But I don't
> >> understand the reason of the failure.
> >>
> >> If there's anyone with enough expertise in this area, I'd be happy to
> >> share some more information and see if we can make this test pass on
> >> macOS, too.
> >
> > Hi Maarten,
> >
> > I wrote that test and tested back then at least on three operating
> > systems including FreeBSD which is used as macOS userland. Can you upoad
> > the entirely executed IT somewhere? I'd like to test a look. Please
> > create a JIRA issue. Note that I don't have access to a macOS machine.
> >
> > Please verify that Git properly checkouts "mng-6386-это по-русский" on
> > HFS+ or APFS.

> Hi Michael,
>
> Thanks for reaching out! I have created the ticket [1] and attached as
> many information as I could find.
> If I can be of any help please reach out - I do have access to Macbooks.
> Also, the new GitHub actions introduced by Maven let you run the
> integration test for any GitHub pull request on macOS.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Maarten

Olivier Lamy