Re: FOSDEM BoF - how do I apply for one?

Re: FOSDEM BoF - how do I apply for one?

rfscholte
Hi Zoran,

BOFs are organized at the location during the event.
To me the word BOF is here a bit misleading.
See it like this: if you are there and have the need to discuss things
with a group, you try to claim a timeslot on a paper on the wall.
Everybody can see this paper and decide to visit it.
So we're often there with a small group wanting to discuss some hard
topics that cannot be done via email.
Visitors will enter the room, we sometimes ask them if they have some
specific questions, but also warn them that these discussions are hardcore.

In conclusion: there's nothing to do/prepare right now. BOFs are organized
during FOSDEM.

thanks,
Robert

On Thu, 18 Oct 2018 17:02:43 +0200, Zoran Regvart <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi Mavens,
> for Apache Camel I'd like to organize a BoF at FOSDEM 2019, I noticed
> that Maven had one back in 2017[1], can anyone help me in
> understanding how are BoF sessions organized?
>
> I assume I need to apply for the venue but I'm not clear on how?
>
> thanks :)
>
> zoran
>
> [1]
> https://archive.fosdem.org/2017/schedule/event/apache_maven_jigsaw_bof/

Re: FOSDEM BoF - how do I apply for one?

Zoran Regvart
Hi Robert,
thanks for the reply! I also got the following from Gerry Demaret (at
[hidden email]):

"You can not request a slot in a BoF room at this point. We will announce
more information on BoF sessions closer to the event."

I feel it's a bit of a shame that you can't plan ahead on a BoF, but I
do understand that interest can vary and it's wasteful to reserve a
space for a BoF and have no one or just few people show up...

thanks :)

zoran

--
Zoran Regvart