Re: [FEEDBACK WANTED] edit button on a Maven site

Re: [FEEDBACK WANTED] edit button on a Maven site

Arnaud Héritier
I just commented the change in GH to advise you to add a title attribute on
the image to have a tooltip displayed by the browser. Otherwise it's a very
useful change.

On Mon, Dec 18, 2017 at 8:42 AM, Hervé BOUTEMY <[hidden email]>

> I just managed to add an "edit" button in Maven generated sites, that will
> help people find the source of the document.
>
> See an example here (the little icon near the version):
> http://maven.apache.org/skins-archives/maven-fluido-skin-LATEST/
>
> I wanted to publish it to Maven site through
> http://svn.apache.org/r1818489
> but buildbot did not catch the SNAPSHOT m-site-p plugin: we'll have to wait
> for the release (after Doxia then Doxia Sitetools releases: please vote).
>
> Feedback appreciated on the new icon, its configuration, or any idea that
> could
> improve the feature.
> Don't hesitate to propose improvements as html changes: we'll see later
> how to
> get the update in the Velocity template that generated the html...
>
> Regards,
>
> Hervé

-----
Arnaud Héritier
http://aheritier.net
Mail/GTalk: aheritier AT gmail DOT com
Twitter/Skype : aheritier

Re: [FEEDBACK WANTED] edit button on a Maven site

Hervé BOUTEMY
I like this idea: implemented, you can see the result
I also implemented Arnaud's "title" idea: it helps discovering the objective
(before people get the habit)

On the CMS idea:
CMS is what is blocking us to switch site source from svn to Git. IIUC, infra
has prepared some Jenkins nodes with specific credentials to be able to publish
generated html to svnpubsub: this would permit us to put our site sources to
Gitbox, have a Jenkins job build them and publish html result immediately. The
content would be editable online for the team through github for those who
love editing online. And we would not have staging any more: but is staging
really a useful feature for us or a pain (i.e. to have an additional step when
publishing that is sometimes forgotten)?

I still need to study more in details how this has been implemented for Apache
projects using this Jenkins-based solution, but it seems to me the way to go,
isn't it?

[1] https://maven.apache.org/skins-archives/maven-fluido-skin-LATEST/