Re: Eclipse LemMinX & Maven extension: a Language Server for pom files

Re: Eclipse LemMinX & Maven extension: a Language Server for pom files

Mickael Istria-2
On Mon, May 4, 2020 at 2:40 PM Nick Stolwijk <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi Mickael,

Hi,

I was wondering if you send this intentionally to the dev mailinglist? I
> think this is better suitable for the user mailinglist, also you have a
> much broader audience there.

To be honest, we're not much looking for end-users at the moment. End-users
will be using LemMinX or LemMinX-Maven without knowing it, as it will be
part of their IDE. They won't have to "choose" it. Hence it's not
necessarily to communicate towards getting end-users here.
LemMinX-Maven code is extensively using Maven as an API, it requires some
expertise that's similar to developing Maven plugins or part of Maven
itself. This mailing-list is supposed to capture most of such people who
are technically capable of contributing. There is a strong overlap between
the followers of this mailing-list and the potential contributors to
LemMinX-Maven, that's why we mention it here.