Re: Drop Java 9 and 10 from asfMavenTlpStdBuild()

Re: Drop Java 9 and 10 from asfMavenTlpStdBuild()

michaelo
Am 2018-12-25 um 20:38 schrieb Robert Scholte:
> Java 9 and 10 have the same status as Java 1.7 right now.

I don't think so. Java 7 still receives updates whereas 9 and 10 are
dead. You can go to OpenJDK 7 or Zulu 7, this is what I use for testing.

> Knowing that the majority of Java projects/developers will go from 1.8
> to 11 (because this is in the first LTS for some vendors) it probably
> makes sense to drop these versions by default.
> I'll remove them.

Thanks, dropping 9 and 10 will speed up Jenkins jobs.

> Robert
>
> On Tue, 25 Dec 2018 19:16:11 +0100, Michael Osipov <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Friends,
>>
>> can someone drop those version from the Jenkins config? They aren't
>> supported anymore and were short term releases anyway.
>>
>> Michael

Re: Drop Java 9 and 10 from asfMavenTlpStdBuild()

Gary Gregory-2
FWIW, we are supporting Java 8 and 11 at work. We are skipping 9 and 10.

Gary

On Tue, Dec 25, 2018, 14:38 Robert Scholte <[hidden email] wrote:

> Java 9 and 10 have the same status as Java 1.7 right now.
> Knowing that the majority of Java projects/developers will go from 1.8 to
> 11 (because this is in the first LTS for some vendors) it probably makes
> sense to drop these versions by default.
> I'll remove them.
>
> Robert
>
> On Tue, 25 Dec 2018 19:16:11 +0100, Michael Osipov <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Friends,
> >
> > can someone drop those version from the Jenkins config? They aren't
> > supported anymore and were short term releases anyway.
> >
> > Michael

Re: Drop Java 9 and 10 from asfMavenTlpStdBuild()

Sylwester Lachiewicz
for Java 12 we have MNG-6522:
- we have PR to enable ITs with Java 12 ready (in review)
- builds Maven Core under Linux and pass all ITs with success [1]

To do and nice to have:
- install Maven 3.6 on build boxes and enable builds in the jenkinsEnv
matrix - now we are building only with 3.5.4
- on Windows machines we need JDK 12-ea installed - now tests fail (locally
all test pass)

All code in branches MNG-6552 in maven and ITs at gitbox repo.

Sylwester

[1]
https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/Maven/job/maven-box/job/maven/job/MNG-6522/

On 26/12/18 00:05, Sylwester Lachiewicz wrote:
> Hi,
> for Java 12 we have MNG-6522:
> - we have PR to enable ITs with Java 12 ready (in review)
> - builds Maven Core under Linux and pass all ITs with success [1]
>
> To do and nice to have:
> - install Maven 3.6 on build boxes and enable builds in the jenkinsEnv
> matrix - now we are building only with 3.5.4

Created an INFRA-17500[1] ticket for this.

[1]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-17500

> - on Windows machines we need JDK 12-ea installed - now tests fail (locally
> all test pass)

For this an infra ticket[2] is already there.

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise

[2]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-17384

> All code in branches MNG-6552 in maven and ITs at gitbox repo.
>
> Sylwester
>
> [1]
> https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/Maven/job/maven-box/job/maven/job/MNG-6522/
>

> wt., 25 gru 2018 o 22:36 Robert Scholte <[hidden email]> napisał(a):
>
>> On Tue, 25 Dec 2018 22:18:59 +0100, Enrico Olivelli <[hidden email]>
>>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> We could join jdk outreach quality process
>>
>> We're already on that list[1] for quite a while.
>>
>> Robert
>>
>> [1] https://wiki.openjdk.java.net/display/quality/Quality+Outreach

Re: Drop Java 9 and 10 from asfMavenTlpStdBuild()

Tibor Digana
Does it mean that combinations of Maven and JDK reached the disk limit?
I am using JDK 7, 8, 11, 12 and Maven 3.2, 3.3 and 3.5.
So 12 combinations altogether.
Each makes cleanup, and the archiver stores totally 240 Mega Bytes per
build.
We have 10 surefire builds which makes 2.4 GB per Linux. Windows is a bit
smaller.
If I could remove JDK 12, we would save only 25% on the disk.
Sometimes the archived ZIP files are investigated and often a lost
connection is found.