Re: Doxia test flakiness

rfscholte
I think something went wrong here.
This project use to be the aggregator project in subversion.
In the early days there were read-only repos in github of our subversion repos.
However, when we moved everything to gitbox every module should have gotten their own repository.

https://github.com/apache/maven-doxia-tools [https://github.com/apache/maven-doxia-tools]

for some reason only the doxia-converter and doxia-linkchecker got their own repo, the doxia-book-renderer and doxia-book-maven-plugin not.

Before having a look at this, we need to know the status of it.

thanks,
Robert

On 23-12-2019 23:38:43, Elliotte Rusty Harold <[hidden email]> wrote:
Anyone working on Doxia these days? If so, your review of
https://github.com/apache/maven-doxia-tools/pull/3 would be
appreciated. This PR effectively disables a flaky autogenerated test.

This was the best I could come up with on short notice to unblock some
other bugs in Doxia. However if anyone can figure out how to fix the
autogenerated test instead that would be even better. Details at

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DOXIATOOLS-64

--
Elliotte Rusty Harold

Re: Doxia test flakiness

Elliotte Rusty Harold
Also, should we remove those old SVN mirror repos so no one else
stumbles across them by mistake?

On Tue, Dec 24, 2019 at 6:01 AM Robert Scholte <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I think something went wrong here.
> This project use to be the aggregator project in subversion.
> In the early days there were read-only repos in github of our subversion repos.
> However, when we moved everything to gitbox every module should have gotten their own repository.
>
> https://github.com/apache/maven-doxia-tools [https://github.com/apache/maven-doxia-tools]
>

> for some reason only the doxia-converter and doxia-linkchecker got their own repo, the doxia-book-renderer and doxia-book-maven-plugin not.
>
> Before having a look at this, we need to know the status of it.
>
> thanks,
> Robert
>
> On 23-12-2019 23:38:43, Elliotte Rusty Harold <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Anyone working on Doxia these days? If so, your review of
> https://github.com/apache/maven-doxia-tools/pull/3 would be
> appreciated. This PR effectively disables a flaky autogenerated test.
>
> This was the best I could come up with on short notice to unblock some
> other bugs in Doxia. However if anyone can figure out how to fix the
> autogenerated test instead that would be even better. Details at
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DOXIATOOLS-64
>
> --
> Elliotte Rusty Harold

Elliotte Rusty Harold

Re: Doxia test flakiness

hboutemy
nothing really went wrong: there are a few cases I did not migrate because I was convinced that classical migration to 1 git repo each was not appropriate, but I did not know really what to do better (and was tired doing the migration on the many "easy" cases)

correponding repositories are listed here as "svn2git": https://github.com/apache/maven-sources/blob/master/default.xml#L140

even more important than doxia-book-renderer and doxia-book-maven-plugin, there are maven-resources corresponding to https://maven.apache.org/apache-resource-bundles/

Perhaps it's time to finish the migration job on the last 5%...

On 2019/12/24 11:01:42, "Robert Scholte" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I think something went wrong here.
> This project use to be the aggregator project in subversion.
> In the early days there were read-only repos in github of our subversion repos.
> However, when we moved everything to gitbox every module should have gotten their own repository.
>
> https://github.com/apache/maven-doxia-tools [https://github.com/apache/maven-doxia-tools]
>

> for some reason only the doxia-converter and doxia-linkchecker got their own repo, the doxia-book-renderer and doxia-book-maven-plugin not.
>
> Before having a look at this, we need to know the status of it.
>
> thanks,
> Robert
>
> On 23-12-2019 23:38:43, Elliotte Rusty Harold <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Anyone working on Doxia these days? If so, your review of
> https://github.com/apache/maven-doxia-tools/pull/3 would be
> appreciated. This PR effectively disables a flaky autogenerated test.
>
> This was the best I could come up with on short notice to unblock some
> other bugs in Doxia. However if anyone can figure out how to fix the
> autogenerated test instead that would be even better. Details at
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DOXIATOOLS-64
>
> --
> Elliotte Rusty Harold

Re: Doxia test flakiness

hboutemy
removing, probably not, but archiving would probably be appropriate once full
Git migration has been done
for example, the 2 most important https://github.com/apache/maven-plugins/ and
https://github.com/apache/maven-shared/ are ready to be archived
perhaps it's just about asking infra