Re: Download page still shows 3.5.4 as latest and greatest

On 01/11/18 12:41, Stephen Connolly wrote:
> yep, there is a bunch of steps after the vote and it usually took me a day
> or two for to wait for the mirrors to sync, which is a blocker for calling
> the release available.

That's the reason why I waited a day to be sure all sync for mirrors
etc. have been done ..also search in Central is updated...

> This is Karl's first run as release manager
>
> Patience is a virtue!

Thanks..

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise

> On Thu, 1 Nov 2018 at 11:26, Mirko Friedenhagen <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> https://maven.apache.org/download.cgi still shows 3.5.4 instead of 3.6.0
>> as latest and greatest.
>>
>> Regards
>> Mirko

Re: Download page still shows 3.5.4 as latest and greatest

stephenconnolly
On Thu, 1 Nov 2018 at 11:42, Karl Heinz Marbaise <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Mirko,
>
> of course not, cause I haven't written the announcement yet..
>
> I'm currently preparing the release notes (just published a few minutes
> ago)..
>
> Afterwards I will check the pages etc..and afterwards I will do the
> announcement mail...I need to make the announcement mail first cause I
> need to add the announcement mail reference to the release notes page...

I normally updated it twice... first without the link, so that the
announcement mail could reference the release notes... then with the
link... a pain, but just about the only way I could prevent people clicking
on broken links (and the mail can take up to 8h before the archive link
picks it up