Re: Did you see dependabot?

Paul Hammant
I think you agree that the thesis has no bearing on the actions that
Dependabot recommends.

Worked Dependabot example
https://github.com/jbehave/jbehave-tutorial/pull/19/files (I consumed this
one for the JBehave team).

^ That was not copyrightable. It is not *original expression*, if it was
and Dependabot beat me to an upgrade, and did not also grant me a copyright
for the same, I would be legally prevented from effecting the same upgrade
be retyping the same two-character change. Patch upgrades like this are in
the "obvious" and "could not be done any other way" that are decades old as
considered dilemmas and well and truly answered in law. The alternative
would be skip 1.4.6 as an upgrade and wait for 1.4.7 - hoping to beat
dependabot to the punch??

On Tue, Oct 29, 2019 at 4:19 PM Martijn Dashorst <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> The conclusion of the paper itself is 3 pages (no paragraphs, so it
> might be written by an AI ;-).
>
> - Dutch (and international) copyright law don't require a copyright
> holder to be human
> - so the work itself needs to be evaluated, two criteria that factor
> into this; requirement of reflecting an original expression and the
> carrying of a personal imprint
> - original expression is feasible for AIs (according to author)
>
> The author lost me at the reasoning for "personal imprint".
>
> Martijn
>
> On Tue, Oct 29, 2019 at 11:18 AM Paul Hammant <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Summary ?

Re: Did you see dependabot?

Paul Hammant
Here's an interesting co-incidence. A chg I donated to Google's Cloud bits
and pieces -
https://github.com/GoogleCloudPlatform/google-cloud-datastore/pull/205/files
*required
and received* a CLA.

@elharo just marked it as not needed, which is quite correct as this lib
has been succeeded by something else.  *Humans quality controlling bot
actions :)*

Re: Did you see dependabot?

Tibor Digana
I have received dependabot right now and merged.
https://github.com/Tibor17/surefire-tcp-connector/pull/1
Of course, my code is written just for fun and no legal issues are my
problem.