Re: Cut Maven Core Release 3.6.0

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Cut Maven Core Release 3.6.0

Karl Heinz Marbaise-3
Hi Stephen,

I appreciate that...

That will a lot..

Thanks.

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise
On 24/09/18 10:39, Stephen Connolly wrote:

> I assume you would like my notes from the 3.5.3 release: (also the
> source-release-validator is at
> [hidden email]:stephenc/source-release-validator.git
> )
>
> $ export JAVA_HOME=jdk7
> $ export PATH=${JAVA_HOME}/bin:${PATH}
> $ export MAVEN_OPTS="-Xmx2048m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m"
> $ mvn release:prepare release:perform
> $ cd target/checkout
> $ mvn -Preporting site site:stage && mvn scm-publish:publish-scm
> $ cd ../../../maven-integration-testing
> $ docker build --tag maven-it:latest environments/debian-jdk7 && docker run
> -it --rm -v $(pwd):/root/maven-integration-testing -v
> $(pwd)/../maven:/root/maven maven-it:latest  bash -c "cd
> /root/maven-integration-testing && for dist in
> /root/maven/target/checkout/apache-maven/target/apache-maven-*-bin.zip ; do
> mvn clean install -Prun-its -Dmaven.repo.local=\$HOME/tmp/repo
> -DmavenDistro=\$dist ; done"
> $ mvn -Preporting site site:stage && mvn scm-publish:publish-scm
>
> Close staging repo
>
> $ cd ~/tmp
> $ svn co https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/maven/maven-3 maven-dist
> $ cd maven-dist
> $ mkdir -p 3.5.3/{binaries,source}
> $ for ext in tar.gz zip ; do ( cd 3.5.3/binaries/ ; for hash in "" .asc
> .md5 .sha1 ; do curl -O
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-1401/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.5.3/apache-maven-3.5.3-bin.$ext$hash
> ; done ) done
> $ for ext in tar.gz zip ; do ( cd 3.5.3/source/ ; for hash in "" .asc .md5
> .sha1 ; do curl -O
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-1401/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.5.3/apache-maven-3.5.3-src.$ext$hash
> ; done ) done
>
> $ for f in $(find . -name \*.tar.gz -o -name \*.zip) ; do echo -n
> $(gsha256sum "$f" | sed -e 's/ .*$//') > "${f}.sha256" ; done
>
> $ svn add 3.5.3
> $ svn ci -m "Staging the 3.5.3 binaries for the release vote"
> Send vote email
> $ cd ../source-release-validator && target/appassembler/bin/sra
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-1401 3.5.3
> Send release-validator email
> Start preparing the release notes
> Start changes to recommended version in maven-site/pom.xml
>
>
> ---
>
> $ svn ci -m "update release notes"
> $ cd ~/apache/maven && vi doap_Maven.rdf && git commit -m "update doap"
> doap_Maven.rdf && git push
> $ svn mv https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/maven/maven-3/3.5.3
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/maven/maven-3 -m "Release 3.5.3"
> $ svn cp
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/website/components/ref/3-LATEST
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/website/components/ref/3.5.4 -m
> "Deploy the 3.5.4 reference documentation"
> $ Mark version released in JIRA
> $ release staging repo
>
> --- wait the sync to mirrors ---
>
> 24. Publish the website with https://cms.apache.org/maven/publish
> 25. Send the announcement email
> 26. (PMC only) Record the release on
> https://reporter.apache.org/addrelease.html?maven
> 27. Tweet the release
> 28. Wait for the announcement email to show up on the
> https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/maven-announce/ archives
> 29. Update the site history with the announce email
> 30. Publish the site again
> 31. Celebrate!!!
>
> On Sun, 23 Sep 2018 at 19:05, Karl Heinz Marbaise <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> based on the feedback we had I would like to announce to cut a release
>> at the end of next Week which means (likely on Saturday/Sunday 29.09 /
>> 30.09 )...
>>
>> If anyone has something which should be put into Maven core release the
>> next week is your chance...
>>
>> So this time I'm stepping up to be release manager for 3.6.0 of Maven
>> core...(if no one has objections to this.)..
>>
>> Currently maven master is fine ...so keep it green...ah...sorry blue ;-)..
>>
>>
>> Kind regards
>> Karl Heinz Marbaise
>>
>> On 13/09/18 22:20, Karl Heinz Marbaise wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> based on the issues have been solved..
>>>
>>> from my point of view waiting at the moment for the following issues:
>>>
>>>
>>>    * MNG-6311
>>>    * MNG-6391
>>>
>>> Afterwards I would like to cut a release of Maven Core...
>>>
>>> This results into the question:
>>>
>>> Should we call it 3.6.0 or 3.5.5..?
>>>
>>> Based on the fixed issues which are only bug fixes (my opinion)...I
>>> would vote for 3.5.5 ?
>>>
>>> What do you think?
>>>
>>> Kind regards
>>> Karl Heinz Marbaise

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Cut Maven Core Release 3.6.0

Karl Heinz Marbaise-3
Hi Elliotte,

On 24/09/18 15:42, Elliotte Rusty Harold wrote:
> What's the procedure/plans for updating the web site and docs in sync
> with a new release? Most of the site seems to be in a separate repo.

Can you be more specific about which sites/docs you are talking about?

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise

>
> On Sun, Sep 23, 2018 at 2:05 PM, Karl Heinz Marbaise <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> based on the feedback we had I would like to announce to cut a release
>> at the end of next Week which means (likely on Saturday/Sunday 29.09 / 30.09
>> )...
>>
>> If anyone has something which should be put into Maven core release the next
>> week is your chance...
>>
>> So this time I'm stepping up to be release manager for 3.6.0 of Maven
>> core...(if no one has objections to this.)..
>>
>> Currently maven master is fine ...so keep it green...ah...sorry blue ;-)..
>>
>>
>> Kind regards
>> Karl Heinz Marbaise
>>
>> On 13/09/18 22:20, Karl Heinz Marbaise wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>> based on the issues have been solved..
>>>
>>> from my point of view waiting at the moment for the following issues:
>>>
>>>
>>>    * MNG-6311
>>>    * MNG-6391
>>>
>>> Afterwards I would like to cut a release of Maven Core...
>>>
>>> This results into the question:
>>>
>>> Should we call it 3.6.0 or 3.5.5..?
>>>
>>> Based on the fixed issues which are only bug fixes (my opinion)...I would
>>> vote for 3.5.5 ?
>>>
>>> What do you think?
>>>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Cut Maven Core Release 3.6.0

Elliotte Rusty Harold
https://github.com/apache/maven-site

That is, most of the content found on https://maven.apache.org/

On Mon, Sep 24, 2018 at 2:44 PM, Karl Heinz Marbaise <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Elliotte,
>
> On 24/09/18 15:42, Elliotte Rusty Harold wrote:
>>
>> What's the procedure/plans for updating the web site and docs in sync
>> with a new release? Most of the site seems to be in a separate repo.
>
>
> Can you be more specific about which sites/docs you are talking about?
>
>
> Kind regards
> Karl Heinz Marbaise
>
>>
>> On Sun, Sep 23, 2018 at 2:05 PM, Karl Heinz Marbaise <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> based on the feedback we had I would like to announce to cut a release
>>> at the end of next Week which means (likely on Saturday/Sunday 29.09 /
>>> 30.09
>>> )...
>>>
>>> If anyone has something which should be put into Maven core release the
>>> next
>>> week is your chance...
>>>
>>> So this time I'm stepping up to be release manager for 3.6.0 of Maven
>>> core...(if no one has objections to this.)..
>>>
>>> Currently maven master is fine ...so keep it green...ah...sorry blue
>>> ;-)..
>>>
>>>
>>> Kind regards
>>> Karl Heinz Marbaise
>>>
>>> On 13/09/18 22:20, Karl Heinz Marbaise wrote:
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Hi,
>>>> based on the issues have been solved..
>>>>
>>>> from my point of view waiting at the moment for the following issues:
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>    * MNG-6311
>>>>    * MNG-6391
>>>>
>>>> Afterwards I would like to cut a release of Maven Core...
>>>>
>>>> This results into the question:
>>>>
>>>> Should we call it 3.6.0 or 3.5.5..?
>>>>
>>>> Based on the fixed issues which are only bug fixes (my opinion)...I
>>>> would
>>>> vote for 3.5.5 ?
>>>>
>>>> What do you think?
>>>>
>



--
Elliotte Rusty Harold
[hidden email]

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Cut Maven Core Release 3.6.0

Karl Heinz Marbaise-3
Hi Elliotte,

On 24/09/18 21:59, Elliotte Rusty Harold wrote:
> https://github.com/apache/maven-site

The web site is up-to-date (https://maven.apache.org/ of 09/22/2019
means two days old) ?

Is there something special you have in mind?

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise

>
> That is, most of the content found on https://maven.apache.org/
>
> On Mon, Sep 24, 2018 at 2:44 PM, Karl Heinz Marbaise <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi Elliotte,
>>
>> On 24/09/18 15:42, Elliotte Rusty Harold wrote:
>>>
>>> What's the procedure/plans for updating the web site and docs in sync
>>> with a new release? Most of the site seems to be in a separate repo.
>>
>>
>> Can you be more specific about which sites/docs you are talking about?
>>
>>
>> Kind regards
>> Karl Heinz Marbaise
>>
>>>
>>> On Sun, Sep 23, 2018 at 2:05 PM, Karl Heinz Marbaise <[hidden email]>
>>> wrote:
>>>>
>>>> Hi,
>>>>
>>>> based on the feedback we had I would like to announce to cut a release
>>>> at the end of next Week which means (likely on Saturday/Sunday 29.09 /
>>>> 30.09
>>>> )...
>>>>
>>>> If anyone has something which should be put into Maven core release the
>>>> next
>>>> week is your chance...
>>>>
>>>> So this time I'm stepping up to be release manager for 3.6.0 of Maven
>>>> core...(if no one has objections to this.)..
>>>>
>>>> Currently maven master is fine ...so keep it green...ah...sorry blue
>>>> ;-)..
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Kind regards
>>>> Karl Heinz Marbaise
>>>>
>>>> On 13/09/18 22:20, Karl Heinz Marbaise wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> Hi,
>>>>> based on the issues have been solved..
>>>>>
>>>>> from my point of view waiting at the moment for the following issues:
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>     * MNG-6311
>>>>>     * MNG-6391
>>>>>
>>>>> Afterwards I would like to cut a release of Maven Core...
>>>>>
>>>>> This results into the question:
>>>>>
>>>>> Should we call it 3.6.0 or 3.5.5..?
>>>>>
>>>>> Based on the fixed issues which are only bug fixes (my opinion)...I
>>>>> would
>>>>> vote for 3.5.5 ?
>>>>>
>>>>> What do you think?
>>>>>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Cut Maven Core Release 3.6.0

Karl Heinz Marbaise-3
In reply to this post by Karl Heinz Marbaise-3
Hi,

currently I see only the following open issues:


MNG-6412
  - currently open @Sylwester can you check this?

MNG-6391
   - currently the last Tests are done. Something
     which should be changed?

Adding WAGON newest version (3.2.0) to core release?


anything else which should be part of it?

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]