Re: Core Master branch now targets 3.6.0

Re: Core Master branch now targets 3.6.0

stephenconnolly
I have rolled all the issues in previous versions into
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/MNG/versions/12338972

What we need to do is decide triage those into:

* 3.6.0-candidates
* 4.0.x-candidates

After we do the triage, then people can start picking issues form
3.6.0-candidates, and as they fix them and merge to master they can change
the fix version to 3.6.0...

On Sun, 17 Jun 2018 at 22:40, Stephen Connolly <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'd rather not roll any more features in 3.5.x... let's go for 3.6.0 for
> now and consider moving to 4.0.0 once we have the tooling we need for the
> Java 8 refactoring in place

Re: Core Master branch now targets 3.6.0

michaelo
Am 2018-06-17 um 23:40 schrieb Stephen Connolly:
> I'd rather not roll any more features in 3.5.x... let's go for 3.6.0 for
> now and consider moving to 4.0.0 once we have the tooling we need for the
> Java 8 refactoring in place

Before moving anything to 4.0.0 we seriously need to evaluate all
dependency resolution related issued first. It is a mess! Christian
Schulte worked on a lot of stuff, it has been dropped due to 3.4.0 reset.

Refactoring for Java 8 would mean to mean to introduce all nice features
from Java 7 first, like NIO2 and friends. This alone is a tremendous
task. Not to speak about Java 8 features.

Michael