Re: Contributing on the maven Checkstyle plugin

Re: Contributing on the maven Checkstyle plugin

Enrico Olivelli
Ben,
Welcome aboard!

Feel free to send a PR we can discuss there better for such task.
Feel free to tag me @eolivelli

Cheers
Enrico

Il mer 11 dic 2019, 17:19 Benjamin Marwell <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm new to this list and have contributed a single commit to CXF so far and
> would like to start committing on other apache maven projects as well.
>
> I'm this case:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MCHECKSTYLE-356
>
> While I think this issue is really not that important, it seems to be a
> good starting point for me and for refactoring.
>
> Is like to create a value class for violations. Is there a possibility to
> ease the check for this single constructor? Is like the class to be
> immutable, but that would be 8 parameters.
>
> Thanks in advance!
> Ben

Re: Contributing on the maven Checkstyle plugin

Benjamin Marwell
There you go:

https://github.com/apache/maven-checkstyle-plugin/pull/17
I also created an improvement issue for this:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MCHECKSTYLE-385

Do you need a --sign-off? Also, I haven't signed the CLA yet. Maybe
the code change is insignificant enough, because it does not actually
change any behaviour.

The integration tests seem to hang at
MCHECKSTYLE-173-with-charset/pom.xml. I would need some input here.

Thanks,
Ben