Re: Broken surefire defaults?

Enrico Olivelli
Il dom 25 feb 2018, 22:42 Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]> ha
scritto:

> Hi guys
>
> Surefire sets some java 9 modules by default when running tests on j9.
>
> I understand the intention but it means surefire doesnt test accurately the
> code in the build since you will pass the tests and fail at runtime pretry
> easily a d with any embedded solution like spring boot, meecrowave, tomee
> etc...
>
> A very common example is a missing jaxb dependency which would be hidden by
> surefire (which means surefire swallowed a bug)
>
> I also know you can tune it to use java.base and therefore have a normal
> behavior but to do that you need to know it.
>
> Since I saw several colleagues hitting this issue i think it is worth
> mentionning it here and request if default can be aligned on the jvm
> instead of trying to be too clever?

Hi with upcoming  2.21, hopefully released very soon, it will work as
expected, it won't add java.ee.se module.
In the meantime you can add -Dxx='--add-modules' to surefire argLine
parameter and surefire won't add any module.
Surefire 2.21 will also habdle module-path properly

Cheers
Enrico

> --

-- Enrico Olivelli