Re: AW: expressing dependencies of third-party jars in internal repository
This post has NOT been accepted by the mailing list yet.
This issue was the initial reason I setup an internal repo -- I couldn't
determine the EXACT versions of the dependencies required by/bundled
with a third party jar, so I did just I as you describe below.
The general problem, as you know, is discovering the dependencies of a
dependency and having them all added to a projects POM (or at least it's
classpath). I presume this is where Deputy helps (I haven't had time yet
to check it out).
Perhaps a new "bundle" dependency type could be used (i.e.,
<groupdId>/bundles/<artifactId>-<version>...) where the bundle is just a
zip of jars. Or better yet a jar with a Class-Path entry in its
Since I haven't written any plugins (yet), I'm not sure of the
feasibility/effort of adding a new dependency type, but I'm willing to