Re: AW: Hacktoberfest

rfscholte
As you know, the truth right now it is impossible to keep up. The amount of mails and PRs waiting for responses exceeds our capacity.
So it is a matter of prioritizing, and yes, that could mean that PRs will stay unanswered.
IF we would also join hacktober, we must change those priorities for a month and focus on that, maybe even using the time to respond the open PRs.

thanks,
Robert

On 4-10-2020 13:36:52, Markus KARG <[hidden email]> wrote:
Robert,

in fact I think it would be an even better signal to new contributors is at least 5 committers would agree to pick up PRs for a whole year.

-Markus

Re: AW: Hacktoberfest

Gary Gregory-2
My experience is that the better contributions come from people who need to
get work done, which is usually best exemplified through bug fix PRs.

If I were to manage incoming PRs for a hackathon event, I would not want to
do so without a solid set of Jiras for new features and bugs, otherwise
there is zero focus, and what comes in is going to be random.

I have Digital Ocean Hacktoberfest T-shirt and I love it but that should
not be the sole motivator IMO.

I really see a grooming of Jiras as a key to success and a prequestite to
opening up a project to a hackathon. Unless of course, you are happy to
wade through spammy PRs.

Gary