Re: APT vs Markdown formats for site docs

Re: APT vs Markdown formats for site docs

David Jencks-4
Asciidoctor Maven Tools is the more supported way of using Asciidoctor from maven, either directly or through Doxia.

https://docs.asciidoctor.org/maven-tools/latest/ <https://docs.asciidoctor.org/maven-tools/latest/> (docs)
https://github.com/asciidoctor/asciidoctor-maven-plugin <https://github.com/asciidoctor/asciidoctor-maven-plugin> (GitHub)

AsciiDoc support  in Jekyll using jekyll-asciidoc is quite good, and GitHub is rather jekyll-friendly. You do have to build the site yourself, GitHub’s built in AsciiDoc rendering is somewhat crippled for incomprehensible reasons.  I’m now the primary maintainer of jekyll-asciidoc so issues may receive prompt attention.

I think Antora is incomparable, and would certainly produce fabulous results properly used for maven documentation, but with the  investment in Doxia organization that may be a better choice.

David Jencks