Re: APT vs Markdown formats for site docs

Re: APT vs Markdown formats for site docs

Benjamin Marwell-2
Markdown is not a "standard" or "standardized".
Even worse, different implementations have different feature sets.
Thus my -1 for md.

But another format might be feasible, really. fml looks verbose.

Asciidoc might be a sane choice here. It was specially designed for
technical documentation and
has neat features which are handy for exactly those cases.
Besides, it is also supported on GitHub.

---

A quick check revealed there was no such discussion in the last 12
months on the mailing list.

- Ben

Am Mo., 1. Feb. 2021 um 11:19 Uhr schrieb Artem Krosheninnikov
<[hidden email]>:

> Hello there, whilst looking at some docs in maven-enforcer-plugin, I found
> .apt.vm format not very convenient and developer-friendly, especially for a
> newcomer.
>
> Is it a standard for all maven plugins or were there any discussions on
> using another format? I see that maven-parent-34 has several modules for
> other formats like markdown or fml.
> --
> Sincerely yours,
> Krosheninnikov Artem.

Re: APT vs Markdown formats for site docs

Gary Gregory-2
FYI, over at Log4j, we switched to Asciidoc.

Gary