Re: [ANN] MMaven Resolver 1.1.0 released

Re: [ANN] MMaven Resolver 1.1.0 released

Mark Derricutt

On 7 Jul 2017, at 8:47, Michael Osipov wrote:

Release Notes - Maven Resolver - Version Maven Artifact Resolver 1.1.0
** Bug
* [MRESOLVER-13] - Exceptions are suppressed incorrectly when closing resources fails
* [MRESOLVER-19] - DefaultRepositorySystem resolveDependencies() can yield a NullPointerException

Ewps - somehow I pre-emptively sent the message accidentally.

Interesting, updating one of my mojos which use this to 1.1.0 and I get:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.eclipse.aether.transfer.TransferResource.<init>(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/io/File;Lorg/eclipse/aether/RequestTrace;)V
at org.eclipse.aether.connector.basic.BasicRepositoryConnector.newTransferResource(BasicRepositoryConnector.java:309)
at org.eclipse.aether.connector.basic.BasicRepositoryConnector.get(BasicRepositoryConnector.java:239)
at org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultArtifactResolver.performDownloads(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:529)
at org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:430)
at org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolveArtifacts(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:255)
at org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolveArtifact(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:232)
at org.apache.maven.repository.internal.DefaultArtifactDescriptorReader.loadPom(DefaultArtifactDescriptorReader.java:268)

when running out of Maven 3.5. Odd thing is - it happened 3 times, and now I can't reproduce it. Bizarre...

"The ease with which a change can be implemented has no relevance at all to whether it is the right change for the (Java) Platform for all time." — Mark Reinhold.

Mark Derricutt
http://www.theoryinpractice.net
http://www.chaliceofblood.net
http://plus.google.com/+MarkDerricutt