Re: [ANN] Apache Maven Release Plugin 3.0.0-M1 Released

Re: [ANN] Apache Maven Release Plugin 3.0.0-M1 Released

Mark Derricutt

On 16 Dec 2019, at 21:02, Hervé Boutemy wrote:

<plugin>
<artifactId>maven-release-plugin</artifactId>
<version>3.0.0-M1</version>
</plugin>

Him, updating my projects to use this and got:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-release-plugin:3.0.0-M1:prepare (default-cli) on project smx3.bill-of-materials: Execution default-cli of goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-release-plugin:3.0.0-M1:prepare failed: A required class was missing while executing org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-release-plugin:3.0.0-M1:prepare: org/apache/maven/shared/release/env/ReleaseEnvironment

This is configured in an import tile from out tiles project configured as:

  <properties>
    <projectVersionPolicyId>default</projectVersionPolicyId>
  </properties>
  <plugin>
    <artifactId>maven-release-plugin</artifactId>
    <version>2.5.3</version>
    <configuration>
      <preparationGoals>
        clean
        reproducible:apply
        sortpom:sort
        tidy:pom
        rangeresolver:lock-deps
        install
      </preparationGoals>
      <goals>deploy</goals>
      <completionGoals>
        reproducible:clear
        sortpom:sort
        tidy:pom
      </completionGoals>
      <projectVersionPolicyId>${projectVersionPolicyId}</projectVersionPolicyId>
      <autoVersionSubmodules>true</autoVersionSubmodules>
      <pushChanges>false</pushChanges>
      <localCheckout>true</localCheckout>
    </configuration>
    <dependencies>
      <dependency>
        <groupId>com.smxemail</groupId>
        <artifactId>qualified-version-policy</artifactId>
        <version>1.0.2</version>
      </dependency>
    </dependencies>
  </plugin>

We do have a custom projectVersionPolicy that we configure, defaulting to 'default'.

I note in the changeling:

* [MRELEASE-975] - NPE when using an unknown project versionpolicy id
* [MRELEASE-956] - Release Strategy Interface

Is there a documented set of changes? MRELEASE-956 seems to imply the the current API is still there?

Mark

"The ease with which a change can be implemented has no relevance at all to whether it is the right change for the (Java) Platform for all time." — Mark Reinhold.

Mark Derricutt
http://www.theoryinpractice.net
http://www.chaliceofblood.net
http://plus.google.com/+MarkDerricutt