REST API - How do I determine latest version

REST API - How do I determine latest version

slbarnes22
I am using version 1.9.2.4.  How do I query for the latest version of an artifact using the Rest API? Or point me in the direction of documentation on the Rest API?

Thank you,
Shelley Barnes

Re: REST API - How do I determine latest version

Tamás Cservenák
Here you go:
https://docs.sonatype.com/display/SPRTNXOSS/Nexus+FAQ#NexusFAQ-Q.HowcanIretrieveasnapshotifIdon%27tknowtheexactfilename%3F

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 7:01 PM, slbarnes22 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am using version 1.9.2.4.  How do I query for the latest version of an
> artifact using the Rest API? Or point me in the direction of documentation
> on the Rest API?
>
> Thank you,
> Shelley Barnes

Re: REST API - How do I determine latest version

slbarnes22
Thank you for the reply, but this does not answer my question.  In
fact, I am using this technique in another script.

I do not want to download the artifact, I just want to know what the
latest version is.  This is for a nexus release repo.

Thank you,
Shelley Barnes

2012/4/18 Tamás Cservenák [via Maven] <[hidden email]>:

> Here you go:
> https://docs.sonatype.com/display/SPRTNXOSS/Nexus+FAQ#NexusFAQ-Q.HowcanIretrieveasnapshotifIdon%27tknowtheexactfilename%3F
>
> On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 7:01 PM, slbarnes22 <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I am using version 1.9.2.4.  How do I query for the latest version of an
>> artifact using the Rest API? Or point me in the direction of documentation
>> on the Rest API?
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Shelley Barnes

> here.
> NAML

Re: REST API - How do I determine latest version

Tamás Cservenák
Try this then:

http://repository.sonatype.org/service/local/artifact/maven/resolve?r=snapshots&g=org.sonatype.nexus&a=nexus-utils&v=LATEST

/content - gives content (needs content disposition)
/redirect - redirects to it
/resolve - resolves it

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 10:33 PM, slbarnes22 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thank you for the reply, but this does not answer my question.  In
> fact, I am using this technique in another script.
>
> I do not want to download the artifact, I just want to know what the
> latest version is.  This is for a nexus release repo.
>
> Thank you,
> Shelley Barnes
>
> 2012/4/18 Tamás Cservenák [via Maven] <[hidden email]>:
>
>> Here you go:
>>
>> https://docs.sonatype.com/display/SPRTNXOSS/Nexus+FAQ#NexusFAQ-Q.HowcanIretrieveasnapshotifIdon%27tknowtheexactfilename%3F
>>
>> On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 7:01 PM, slbarnes22 <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> I am using version 1.9.2.4.  How do I query for the latest version of an
>>> artifact using the Rest API? Or point me in the direction of
>>> documentation
>>> on the Rest API?
>>>
>>> Thank you,
>>> Shelley Barnes
>>>

>>> --

>> here.
>> NAML

Re: REST API - How do I determine latest version

anantsaxena
Hi, I am doing the below call but sometimes the LATEST is not available on the nexus website and it does give back the information related to version number. Any suggestions ?