RE: MASSEMBLY-918 proposal

abrarov
What can I do in that script?

1. Change owner in TAR created by Maven Assembly plugin - I need a tool for that (I failed to find one)
2. Change owner before packaging of TAR - I need root permissions (sudo) for that (I just want to add an entry into TAR with chosen owner / group - why should I run my build with escalated privileges?)
3. Change owner in Docker image created using TAR - it duplicates all impacted files / directories, i.e. increases Docker image size (refer to https://medium.com/@lmakarov/the-backlash-of-chmod-chown-mv-in-your-dockerfile-f12fe08c0b55)

MASSEMBLY-918 proposal

abrarov
4. Squash Docker image layers? This approach requires additional tool (https://github.com/jwilder/docker-squash requires sudo) and understanding of what layers to squash and what layers to keep as is (for optimization of Docker image delivery - some base layers are taken from image vendor and are not changed, so I need to keep them to avoid re-delivering of the whole Docker image). I'm not sure about impact of squashing of Docker layers on Docker build cache and on the whole time required for building (if TAR checksum didn't change then rebuilding of Docker image is faster due to Docker build cache).