Questions about <activeByDefault>

Mark H. Wood
I just got bitten by "activeByDefault doesn't mean what everyone
thinks it means."  OK, that's the way it is.  But I have some
questions:

o  Real-world use case for the current behavior?

o  Is there some reason why the meaning of
     <activation>
     </activation>
   is not documented in the POM reference?

o  Where *is* it documented?  Lots of people seem to know about it.

--
Mark H. Wood
Lead Technology Analyst

University Library
755 W. Michigan Street
Indianapolis, IN 46202
317-274-0749
www.ulib.iupui.edu

Re: Questions about <activeByDefault>

gboue
Hi,

Profile activation is documented here
http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-profiles.html,
there is a section about the different types of activation.
<activeByDefault> is also mentioned.

I'm not sure which part of activeByDefault you are refering to, could
you clarify that?

Guillaume

Le 28/06/2017 à 22:43, Mark H. Wood a écrit :

> I just got bitten by "activeByDefault doesn't mean what everyone
> thinks it means."  OK, that's the way it is.  But I have some
> questions:
>
> o  Real-world use case for the current behavior?
>
> o  Is there some reason why the meaning of
>       <activation>
>       </activation>
>     is not documented in the POM reference?
>
> o  Where *is* it documented?  Lots of people seem to know about it.

---